Foodbank of Santa Barbara County
Department of Community Programs & Education
- JOB TITLE Education Coordinator
Reports to: Education Manager
Hours: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Location: remote, within same-day traveling distance to Foodbank locations
- JOB FUNCTION- The Education Coordinator is responsible for developing new and innovative educational materials to support the Foodbank’s mission of ending hunger and transforming the health of Santa Barbara County. The Education coordinator will ensure that access to public food assistance (CalFresh) is an integral part of Foodbank programs and community education. This role will be part of an innovative, energized team within an organization that is constantly moving forward toward its mission.
III. PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce culturally inclusive educational materials for various cultures and age groups in accordance with the Foodbank’s educational curriculum in English and Spanish.
- Adhere to frequent timelines and plans for educational content production and/or live trainings.
- Assist with live trainings in English and Spanish.
- Contribute to the development of new multi-media approaches to promote food literacy (e.g. online programming, Zoom webinars, YouTube, etc.).
- Attend CalFresh update trainings with CA Department of Social Services.
- Manage the incorporation of CalFresh outreach and education into all Foodbank programs and partner agencies as assigned.
- Ensure Programs & Education staff are trained and knowledgeable about CalFresh, P-EBT, and any additional public food assistance as it is available.
- Create engaging and inspiring trainings for partners and volunteers/interns to facilitate external CalFresh application assistance.
- Schedule and assist community members with CalFresh applications as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or delegated.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (Social Science, Education, or Nutritional Science preferred)
- Nutrition background/knowledge
- 1-2 years relevant experience
- Experience with public speaking and demonstrated presentation skills
- Experience engaging and collaborating with social service organizations, K-12 schools, community centers, etc.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in reading/writing and speaking Spanish required.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to hold self and others accountable to deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting low-income and underserved populations
- Passion for working with youth
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional Suite
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Valid CA Driver’s License
- Access to reliable transportation for occasional work-related travel
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential,
Please send resumes to Lacey Baldiviez, PhD Director of Community Programs & Education at email@example.com.