Job Description: Donor Engagement Manager
Founded in 1985, The Land Trust for Santa Barbara County is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt California non-profit corporation that conserves natural resources, agricultural land, and open spaces for the benefit of present and future generations.
The Land Trust seeks an experienced Donor Engagement Manager to join our dynamic fundraising team. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Development and Communications Director. The Donor Engagement Manager will design and implement strategies for recruiting new members and donors, increasing community and member engagement through consistent and compelling outreach, fundraising appeals and fun donor events. The Donor Engagement Manager is key to the further expansion of our fundraising program and achieving our strategic goals. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, effective multi-tasker and able to thrive in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- Work with Development and Communications Director to conceptualize and create digital and direct mail appeals to reach current and prospective donors across multiple platforms.
- Target compelling communication and content strategically for unique stakeholder groups.
- Build on the strengths of the existing fundraising program to develop an expanded approach in support of ambitious annual goals.
- Design and deliver capital campaigns for specific conservation properties.
- Lead the departmental goal of doubling membership by 2024.
- Assist in the portfolio management of assigned donors and prospects, helping the board and staff to cultivate, solicit, and steward their support.
- Build a moves management program for existing supporters and cultivate strong relationships with donors.
- Contribute to ambitious organizational goal of expanding unrestricted fundraising from major donors by 25% over the next three years.
Event planning and management
- Plan and manage (in conjunction with staff) an annual calendar of events that complement and achieve fundraising and donor engagement goals and build member loyalty and retention.
- Enthusiastically interact with donors and guests in carrying out special events.
- Collaborate with Land Programs staff on public programs and events.
- Event management duties include, but are not limited to, event planning and budgeting; engaging vendors; obtaining permits; recruiting and coordinating volunteers; guest list management, may occur after office business hours.
- At least 3 years of relevant development and fundraising experience.
- Previous experience developing and implementing fundraising strategies and annual campaigns.
- Proficiency in event management, with strong project and budget planning, communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with a strong collaborative work ethic and ability to work
- Outgoing, professional, personable, resourceful, and calm under pressure.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule that will include some evening and weekend duties.
- Experience with DonorPerfect or other similar fundraising database or an aptitude to learn.
- Proficient with standard PC computer software, including MS Word, Excel, Adobe products, internet applications and e-mail.
- Ability to thrive within a small, non-profit environment.
- Commitment to the Land Trust’s
- Spanish language fluency a
- Ability to sit at a desk, type, bend, twist
- Possess valid, insurable driver’s license
- Ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate within the non-profit field and is based upon experience. Benefits include generous vacation, paid health and dental premiums, and a supportive team culture. Successful candidates have the option to join an employer-sponsored retirement plan. This position is a full-time, exempt position. Our office is based in downtown Santa Barbara, CA. Currently we are working under a COVID-19 protocol and following regional and OSHA guidelines.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and a compelling cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Donor Engagement Manager.
The Land Trust for Santa Barbara County is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.