Job Description: Administrative Coordinator
Founded in 1985, The Land Trust for Santa Barbara County is a 501(c) (3) tax exempt California non-profit Corporation that conserves natural resources, agricultural land, and open spaces for the benefit of present and future generations. This an exciting time for conservation in our community. We are currently experiencing tremendous growth in opportunities to conserve land and to engage with partners in education and outreach. With that, we have expanded our staff, moved some current staff to new positions and are now looking for the right person to fill the position of Administrative Coordinator.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Operations Manager. The Administrative Coordinator is an essential role responsible for general office systems and communications, and for supporting the work of the Executive Director, Operations Manager, Development & Communications Team, the Conservation Team and the Board of Trustees. The position also requires digital and online file and calendar management, and running errands on behalf of the organization to the bank, post office, etc. While it is a full-time position, as part of our commitment to making this a supportive work environment, we are open to reducing the hours to 30 or more if the right individual comes along and would prefer less hours per week.
- Ensure smooth and timely communication and systems amongst the Land Trust’s staff, board, donors, volunteers, vendors and contractors
- Schedule meetings and meeting space; maintain committee meeting calendars
- Assist in preparation and distribution of agendas and minutes
- Maintain current board/committee rosters and email groups
- Represent the organization on the phone and in person with Land Trust members and the public; phone reception
- Prepare routine business correspondence and forms, assist with outgoing mailings
- Organize/maintain administrative office files, manage document retention and supply storage
- Coordinate office vendors, including IT, and interface with property manager as needed
- Prepare corporate filings and forms for Operations Manager review
- Support audit preparation as needed
- Assist with general office administration tasks as requested.
- Conservation Team Support
- Support smooth and timely grant tracking/reporting for projects paid for by public funding (Federal, State and Local Government)
- Organize/maintain conservation files, manage document retention
- Assist in setting up and maintaining online grant portal registrations, renewals, IDs, etc.
- Assist with general conservation administration tasks as requested.
- Development Team Support
- Assist Membership and Database Coordination as needed in processing donations and preparation of deposits.
- Act as a resource to individual members and others who may make inquires as to membership status, benefits, preserves, events, etc.
- Share knowledge of and enthusiasm for the goals and work of the Land Trust when communicating with members and others
- Assist with updating/data entry to Donor Perfect donor database
- Assist with planning and coordination for Land Trust fundraising events
- Assist with general development administration tasks as requested
- At least 3 years relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of office management practices and procedures
- Ability to quickly adopt use of software and digital systems; Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe products and cloud-based CRM
- Ability to maintain privacy of confidential records, correspondence and/or files
- Ability to operate office equipment including but not limited to computer, printer, copy machine, etc.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and manage different tasks concurrently
- Work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Communicate respectfully and effectively verbally and in writing with a variety of people.
- Spanish language fluency a plus
- Possess valid, insurable driver’s license
- Ability to sit at a desk, type, bend, twist
- Ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate within the non-profit field and is based upon experience. Benefits include generous vacation, paid health and dental premiums, and a supportive team culture. Successful candidates also have the opportunity to join an employer-sponsored retirement plan. This position is a full-time, hourly position. Our office is based in downtown Santa Barbara, CA. Currently we are working under a COVID-19 protocol and following our regional guidelines.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, and a cover letter, to email@example.com with the subject: Administrative Coordinator.
The Land Trust for Santa Barbara County is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.