Domestic Violence Solutions of Santa Barbara County is seeking an experienced Director of Finance to oversee the financial operations of a county-wide agency whose mission is to provide safety, shelter and support to survivors of domestic violence.
Outstanding working environment, excellent compensation and benefits.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Director of Finance oversees the fiscal management, controls expenditures per budget goals, manages the accounting function of the agency in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices and ensures the performance of a variety of tasks including general ledger, financial statements, accounts receivable, accounts payable, banking and payroll.
- With the Executive Director, controls expenditures to ensure conformance with budgetary and cash flow restrictions.
- Establishes/maintains chart of accounts and data to produce accurate general ledger printouts monthly.
- Handles the accounts payable function assuring that invoices are paid timely, are coded and booked accurately and adequate back up is maintained and organized for reference and verification.
- Prepares bank deposits, ensuring that funds are properly classified as to their origin and are banked timely.
- Prepare requests for reimbursements to governmental and private funders on a timely basis in accordance with grant covenants. Ensures that restricted donations are expended according to donor restrictions.
- Compiles or oversees the compilation of payroll information for the payroll service, ensuring accuracy and completeness of time sheets. Verifies paychecks for accuracy and distributes to sites.
- Prepares accurate monthly internal financial statements for use by Board of Directors and executive staff. Provides and interprets additional financial information as requested.
- Provides reports to Executive Director on agency cash flow as requested. Manages income and expense function to maintain positive cash flow.
- Ensures accurate reconciliation of all bank accounts monthly.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget consultation with the Executive Director and Finance Chair.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and grant professional in the preparation of grant requests which require financial budgets, projections, pro forma operating results, and grant reporting.
- Coordinates with independent auditors the completion of the annual audit and tax returns.
- Keeps up to date with all pertinent laws, Financial Accounting Standards Board rules, tax codes, etc. in order to ensure compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Three years’ experience as a Director of Finance or Controller
- Knowledge of QuickBooks or other computerized accounting experience required
- Non-profit accounting experience preferred
- Experience in dealing with governmental funding agencies is very desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills: able to thrive in relationship-oriented culture, self-motivated
- Must have great attention to detail
- Ability to juggle, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines
- This position required a commitment to the DVS mission and its core values of: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility, as well as a commitment to strengthening the communities we serve
**Please reply to this ad: to Debby Husch (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Administration, with resume and cover letter**