The Development Coordinator is an integral member of the Development Team and serves as the foundational backbone of the day-to-day operations of the development department. Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Development Coordinator manages a wide variety of projects in support of departmental goals and objectives.
Oversees targeted giving campaigns, including May Clean-Up Campaign and Monthly Giving Campaign.
Provides regular standing development/campaign and ad hoc reports as needed, including regularly tracking revenue goals.
Supports the development and production of a comprehensive calendar of development activities and tasks, and supervises the deadlines of those activities.
Assists in the creation of communications and marketing materials to support development efforts.
Maintains regular content updates for the CALM website.
Compiles the monthly e-newsletter.
Ensures proper donor activity tracking in Little Green Light database, including contact information, contact reports, and event attendance. Maintains gift/pledge acknowledgement, contact reports, mailing lists, and recordkeeping in a timely manner.
Conducts donor prospect research in support of annual giving programs.
Coordinates smaller donor events and community awareness forums.
Education and/or Experience:
· BA/BS degree in related field from an accredited university or college, plus 1-3 years administrative or development experience or AA degree, plus 3-5 years administrative or development experience.
· Strong oral, written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills for interaction with staff, donors, donor prospects, volunteers, and others;
· Ability to work independently, organize, handle detail, follow-through on tasks and problem solve with minimal supervision and be able to successfully complete tasks in a timely manner.
· Knowledge of fundraising, communications/media engagement or event planning.
· Strong computer knowledge and familiarity with relevant software applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, and donor software. Familiarity with Canva or other design programs is preferable.
· Respect for confidentiality; ability to work with discretion and integrity.
· Must have a valid California drivers’ license, clean DMV, and criminal record clearance from the DOJ.
Leave a Response