JOB TITLE: Development Associate
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
The Development Associate serves as a key member of the development department and is responsible for the administrative operations of the department including implementing and managing comprehensive donor relations activities to assist in servicing our donors through moves management activities to help reach fundraising goals. This includes cultivating, stewarding, recognizing and showing the impact of donor gifts. This role will also work to expand the relationship between our donors and Dream Foundation through efficient and high-level programs and processes described below. The manager works well independently, is able to prioritize workflow and coordinate, as needed, with the CEO, Director of Finance and Director of Development. Performance is based upon completion of assignments and results obtained. This position reports to the Director of Development. This is an in-office full-time position. Candidate must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes best practices to manage donor stewardship efforts by ensuring donors receive prompt andaccurate receipts and recognition for their contributions and
- acknowledged in an IRS compliant manner.
- Manages all receipt processes in Salesforce, including writing content, uploading to Salesforce, verifying accuracy of receipt information, acquiring necessary signatures, printing/emailing and tracking of receipt letters.
- Manages weekly thank you calls to new donors.
- Manages monthly touches to donors.
- Ensures donor requests regarding specific gift restrictions are
- Manages integrity of donor data in Salesforce and works with database specialist, as needed to manage larger projects.
- Provides Director of Development information related to donor giving, stewardship or cultivation, as needed.
- Maintains accuracy for years of giving on donor records and is easily able to create giving reports.
- Manages annual gift receipts for monthly donors in collaboration with DoD.
- Works with DoD on list accuracy for appeals, events and other communications.
- Manages quarterly renewal process of donors in the $1,000- $5,000 giving bracket.
- Manages and maintains confidentiality on donor reports, files and records.
- Provides regular standing reports and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, particularly IRS laws regarding donations.
- Maintains accountability standards to donors and ensures compliance with code of ethical principles and standards of professional conduct for fundraising executives, according to AFP code of ethical standards.
- Actively stewards and communicates with companies engaged in employee giving and seeks other companies to onboard to increase overall participation. Identifies workshops and employee engagement opportunities.
- Assists in coordinating volunteer-generated fundraising efforts, including providing information, materials and support to fundraisers. Collects stories and photos whenever possible to provide to Marketing/Communications team.
- Assists in event planning leading up to and during events (local or out-of-town), as needed, including willingness to work long hours and/or on weekends, a minimum of two times throughout the year.
- Responds to special needs and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs basic administrative duties such as filing, data entry, regular review of donor information, and more.
- Meets with the DOD on a weekly basis, and as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works alongside Grant Writer and Director of Development to obtain necessary information (primarily Dream recaps) as needed for grant proposals and reports.
Dream Plaza Project
- Primary contact for plaza stone inquiries and requests.
- Keeps accurate records of Plaza stone requests, inscriptions and installations.
- Coordinates with CEO on all stages of stone fulfillment, particularly related to inscription and installation.
- Schedule and support Plaza walk-throughs, or to meet with the CEO.
- Proficiency in Salesforce for non-profits, including platform architecture and functionality.
- Primary contact for donor data including account and contact information, gift details, affiliations, relationships, etc.
- Ability to create accounts, contacts, reports and other information, as needed.
- Systematic record verifications and record clean-up.
- Responsible for logging interactions, meetings, critical emails, receipts and phone calls onto donor records in Salesforce.
- Assist in list management and data clean-up related to appeals and campaigns.
- Track campaigns and provide updates on request.
- Other duties as assigned.
All of the above subject to periodic revision by Management.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent of experience and education.
- Minimum 1-2 years of Salesforce CRM training/experience, with specific knowledge in the Salesforce nonprofit platform.
- Experience with the project management platform, Asana, or equivalent.
- Experience with cultivating and expanding donor relationships over time, or equivalent experience.
- Strong ability to develop, implement and track development
- Excellent organizational, relational, time management and administrative skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range ofdonors and build long-term relationships
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who will productively engage with others atvarying levels of seniority within and outside Dream
- High energy and passion for Dream Foundation’s mission is
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships and networks
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Pages) and MS Filemaker.
- Fast learner, ability to multi-task and work well among multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to travel as needed.
To learn more about Dream Foundation, please visit www.dreamfoundation.org
Please apply with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org