Development Analyst, University Library
UC Santa Barbara
Brief Summary of Job Duties
Development Analyst, University Library Under general supervision, serves as the analyst for the University Library Development Team, supporting a complex and multifaceted University-wide program in coordination with Central Development’s Prospect Management, Development Research, Donor Relations and Foundation Relations units. Provides leadership for all analytical functions that support the strategic goals, initiatives and projects that secure philanthropic support from individuals, foundations and organizations to the University Library. Under the general direction of the Director of Development, University Library, establishes, develops and maintains comprehensive systems within the unit in coordination with central Development Office; supports leadership in short- and long-term strategic planning and project management for program development and implementation which is focused on achieving operational and fundraising goals for the University Library. Proactively plans, organizes, and attends strategy meetings and coordinates follow up for $25,000+ prospects; prepares materials and reports that analyze the activities, progress, and goals of the Development Team; ensures the consistency, timeliness and accuracy of information disseminated to donors, prospects, and internal constituents. Reviews and analyzes data as it relates to fundraising strategies and prospect identification and management and associated trends. Coordinates communication and works closely with the Development Research and Donor Relations & Stewardship units on collaborative projects and related prospect issues. Identifies, manages and completes special projects for other Library fundraising goals as needed. Responsible for a high level of prospect and gift analysis and research, providing analytical reporting to the Directors, Senior Director and Associate Vice Chancellor (“AVC”). Proactively identifies issues and solutions, and makes recommendations to the Senior Director and Library Development Director. This role contributes to the overall goals and success of the unit. Must be able to work under pressure of frequently shifting priorities and deadlines. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within the division of Institutional Advancement, the Library Development Team and the broader campus community. High level of initiative, creativity and energy. Ability to work independently. The Analyst will be privy to sensitive materials, information and planning; therefore, the position requires the utmost degree of confidentiality. Maintains in depth knowledge of University policies and procedures and state and federal regulations related to fund raising and accepted business practices; uses exceptional analytical skills, excellent composition, grammar and editing skills, and various database and software tools necessary to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and unfailing attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal skills that foster positive relationships with diverse populations.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and e-mail and demonstrated ability to quickly learn various software programs .
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of work.
- Ability to prioritize duties and achieve planned goals for a complex program in support of multiple team members.
- Ability to work under tight and shifting deadlines .
- Ability to effectively solve problems and demonstrate sound reasoning, judgment and proactive communications .
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within the division of Institutional Advancement, the Development Office and with the broader campus community.
- Excellent grammar, composition and proofreading skills.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures and accurately communicate them to others
- Experience with donor database or CRM software (e.g. Advance, Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud, etc.) Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Required
The budgeted hourly range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position is $26.39 – $28/hr.
Pay Rate/Range: $26.39 – $28.00 / hr.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Application review begins 3/14/23. To view full job description and apply online, please visit: https://jobs.ucsb.edu (Job# 49506)
Or click the following link: Development Analyst, University Library
Leave a Response