CommUnify makes a difference in the lives of over 10,000 disadvantaged children, youth, families, seniors, and other adults annually. Operating out of 24 facilities countywide, CommUnify provides a wide array of programs, including Head Start/Early Head Start, tutoring, mentoring, and behavioral health services to children, youth, and families, while also providing case management, energy assistance, financial literacy, weatherization, and senior home repair services to stabilize and promote economic security for those struggling financially.
We have a culture of compassion, commitment, and collaboration. Leading with our vision, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) must be exceptionally talented, curious, driven, and – most importantly – passionate about people and helping others succeed. In 2022, CommUnify pushed forward with an ambitious agenda of service expansion, contributed revenue growth and advocacy, bringing a new level of visibility to the organization and solutions to the issue of poverty in Santa Barbara County.
CommUnify is seeking an individual to serve as Chief Operations Officer (COO) who will provide strong leadership to support the overall operations of the agency. As a member of the agency’s Executive Team, the COO reports directly to the CEO and works in close collaboration with the Leadership Team, Planning Committee, and the Board of Directors. The COO will be directly responsible for overseeing the agency’s strategic plan, performance management systems, contract compliance, quality assurance and improvement, emergency preparedness and safety, and fleet management.
New COO Strategic Priorities and Challenges:
- Working collaboratively with the Leadership Team to ensure achievement of the goals outlined in CommUnify’s 5-Year Strategic Plan.
- Ensure successful implementation of a new case management software system and Universal Client Intake System in 2023.
- Demonstrate organizational effectiveness through measurable program and community impact.
- Ensure CommUnify Leadership and Staff are prepared to successfully deal with emergency situations, natural disasters and long-term community response efforts.
- Strengthen agency administrative and operational policies and guidelines.
Attributes of the ideal candidate:
- Committed – passionate about our mission in the community and have track record of developing & motivating employees for superior performance
- Competent – possessing both solid planning and people skills, complemented a “big picture” strategic mentality
- Collaborative – ready to partner with the CEO & the Leadership Team to plan and execute strategic vision
- Communicative – able to engage and establish strong working relationships agencywide; capable of coaching staff; capable of relating well to the Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Creative – thinks outside the box, creative problem solver capable of making things possible.
The COO will work with the CEO, Chief Finance Officer (CFO) and Chief Development Officer (CDO) to help implement our Strategic Plan, advance our organizational culture and provide support to the Leadership Team and direct service staff working directly with a diverse population of children, families, youth, adults and seniors of all ages.
Please note: CommUnify has a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.