Are you looking for purposeful work?
Are you passionate about supporting women and minority business owners?
Come start an exciting career with Women’s Economic Ventures (WEV)!
WEV (pronounced “weave”) is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating an equitable and just society through the economic empowerment of women. We are a purposeful, mission-driven organization with a passionate and engaged staff based in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties, whose primary focus is on supporting women-owned businesses and entrepreneurship. WEV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Become a Business Consulting Program Assistant for WEV
WEV’s Business Consulting Program Assistant is an entry-level role, providing administrative support to the business consulting program, which provides consulting and coaching to WEV’s clients.
This role can be based in the Ventura or Santa Barbara office, with hybrid work opportunities. Approximately 25% of the role will also be spent supporting WEV’s training programs. A bilingual (English/Spanish) speaker is preferred.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Data Entry
- Works with program team (including Business Consultants) to ensure program/client data is entered accurately, and deadlines are met to support grant and internal reporting.
- Supports Program Officer with client enrollment appointments.
- Supports program team and Business Consultants through regular communication; participates in monthly Business Consultant calls; and collaborates to ensure programs run smoothly.
- Works with team to update and edit program documentation to align with continual program improvement and development.
- Client Support
- Collects, processes, and manages client payments and refunds.
- Processes clients through program re-enrollment.
- Supports WEV’s strong service culture through quality customer care, and program knowledge to ensure positive client/stakeholder experiences.
- Covers front line office reception as needed (telephones, walk-ins, mail, supplies, equipment).
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated customer service skills including patience, thoroughness, and professionalism in telephone and email correspondence.
- Highly motivated, energetic, in alignment with WEV’s mission, dedicated to WEV’s clients, and the achievement of WEV’s strategic goals.
- Effective communication and writing skills with the ability to convey messages with clarity and ease.
- Ability to accomplish goals through cooperation and collaboration, under minimal supervision, and with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a highly organized manner both individually and in collaborative work settings.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with external stakeholders and co-workers of varying social and cultural backgrounds at all levels.
- Gains the confidence and trust of others by acting from a foundation of honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite/Office 365 and core office equipment.
- Ability to travel for regional outreach and meetings as necessary.
- Availability to adjust schedule to work occasional evenings and/or Saturdays.
- Personal, reliable auto transportation and current auto insurance.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Asana, Teams, Zoom, Apricot 360, Ontraport, Canva or other business and CRM platforms
- Bilingual with oral and written proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Experience working with small businesses
Minimum: associates degree, or GED plus 2 years work experience.
Preferred: BA/BS from four-year college.
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Sit at a computer, typing for 60-80% of the time
Compensation: $20.00 – $23.00 per hour DOE
WEV offers a generous benefits package, including health insurance contribution; dental, vision and life insurance; over 30 days of annual paid time off, and Simple IRA contribution. Our working environment and company culture support flexibility and work-life balance.
To apply, please visit https://www.wevonline.org/jobs/
WEV is a non-profit organization that provides training, advisory services, and loans to help entrepreneurs start, grow, and thrive in business. WEV has served Santa Barbara and Ventura counties since 1991. While WEV’s focus is on women, it welcomes people of all gender identities into the WEV community. Services are provided in both English and Spanish.
Leave a Response