Our Mission: The Shared Crossing Project’s mission is to positively transform relationships to death and dying through education and raising awareness about shared crossings (spiritual end-of-life experiences) and their healing benefits. We aim to bring people together in community to support open exploration and discussion of this important topic in a safe place.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Executive Director to manage a nonprofit that has a fiscal sponsorship relationship with the Family Therapy Institute of Santa Barbara. The Shared Crossing Project is expanding its work to increase education and awareness about end-of-life experiences, and it seeks to do so on a local and global level. This position is for a growth-oriented leader who understands and is passionate about Shared Crossing Project’s mission. In collaboration with the Founder, the Executive Director will be responsible for developing and executing the strategic vision.
This position is right for you if you are:
- Able to drive multiple projects at once
- Growth-oriented and resourceful
- Flexible with fast-moving priorities
- Clear communicator – writing and speaking
- Dynamic problem solver
- Developing and pursuing diverse fundraising strategies, including grant opportunities, donor stewardship, and earned revenue
- Direct and actively support staff and community partners in a variety of projects and programs
- Coordinate with the Founder to develop and implement strategic plans, policies, and metrics of success toward programmatic goals
- Manage social media outreach and event promotions
- Work with the Founder to develop and implement an annual public relations plan including media outreach, community contact, etc.
- Recognize the needs of the nonprofit and lead personnel to achieve objectives
- Supervise and manage staff, interns and volunteers.
- Create as needed programmatic, outreach, and marketing materials, i.e. websites, e-blasts, articles, videos, social media posts etc., using Kajabi, Canva, and Vimeo
- Responsible for project management and task prioritization.
- Complete administrative projects by identifying and implementing new technology and resources as needed; redesigning systems if needed.
- Maintain records/files in systematic fashion
- Responsible for billing and expense tracking
- Processes payroll semi-monthly using QuickBooks Online
- Excellent knowledge and use of technology, including website management, e-mail marketing, etc.
- A commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Demonstrated nonprofit fundraising experience
- Demonstrated resilience and positive leadership
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (OneDrive, Powerpoint, Word, Excel)
- Strong proficiency in Google Suites, Quickbooks, Asana
- Proficiency in graphic design/Canva
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible administrative and project management experience
- Salary negotiable and based upon experience
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resumé as a PDF to info@sharedcrossing and we’ll be in touch. This position is open until filled. We are currently interviewing candidates. No phone call, please. For more information: www.sharedcrossing.com