The Santa Barbara Museum of Art presents internationally-recognized collections and exhibitions and a broad array of cultural and educational activities.
The Santa Barbara Museum of Art has an opening for two Building Technicians in the Facilities and Installations Department. Job duties will include: Providing set-ups for meetings and receptions; providing audio/visual setups and services for meetings, events and exhibitions; cleaning of all areas of the Museum as second custodian. Additional duties as required. Must be able to work at a busy pace, multi-task, have a flexible, friendly and enthusiastic working style, with effective problem-solving skills and the ability to work well in a team and independently.
Requirements include: High School diploma, two years of general maintenance or in skilled trades, must have excellent mechanical abilities. Full-time paid position; requires occasional driving of Museum van, an ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis and up to 25 lbs. frequently. English and Spanish verbal and written communication skills preferred.
- The position reports to the Assistant Director of Facilities and Installations.
- Hourly wage is $19.00/hour and a regular 40 hour workweek.
- Full Time status is eligible for up to 15 days of paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, 64 hours of paid sick leave and up to 80 hours of COVID sick leave as needed. Working 30 or more hours/week is also eligible for our rich medical benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pretax Savings plans for medical, dependent care parking and transportation costs, Life and Long-Term Disability, 403b retirement savings plan with a 100% employer match of up to 5% of earnings after a year’s service, Downtown SB BikeStop private bicycle storage membership, and more, all while working in beautiful Downtown Santa Barbara in the heart of the Arts District.
- Successful Background and DMV Check is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Resumes and Cover Letters will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Applications accepted via mail, e-mail, or faxSanta Barbara Museum of Art1130 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
E-mail: email@example.com (preferred)
Fax: (805) 966-6840
The Santa Barbara Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.