SB ACT has evolved into an entity that not only facilitates collective impact collaboratives to address complex social issues, but also supports strengthening the capacity of community-based organizations to be able to effectively contribute to those collaborative and effect real, measurable change in the lives of our marginalized populations.
The Assistant Program Coordinator will be part of a small team responsible for driving SB ACT’s work forward, in particular supporting day-to-day programming through coordination, administration, community engagement, and data functions.
The Assistant Program Coordinator will provide day-to-day support and facilitation of SB ACT’s programming, with occasional duties related to general nonprofit operations. Key responsibilities include:
Coordinating and supporting collaborative programs:
- Supporting planning and coordination of Neighborhood Navigation Centers (NNC) program;
- Supporting day-to-day program operations and safety
- Supporting collection, analysis, and dissemination of program data;
- Supporting weekly program coordination meetings with NNC service providers
- Supporting communications of programming through media relations, social media etc.;
- Keeping all members of the team up-to-date with relevant program information;
- Supporting updated program records and reports;
- Supporting growth and program development; and
- Supporting implementation of program policies and practices.
Coordinating and supporting “Lived Experience” Working Group:
- Planning and facilitating monthly “Lived Experience” Working Group with individuals experiencing homelessness, including:
- Meeting with individuals with lived experience of homelessness to plan discussion topics and group initiatives;
- Planning and facilitating leadership development curriculum based on existing best practices for individuals experiencing homelessness;
- Planning and facilitating individual meetings with Lived Experience group participants to facilitate individual growth; and
- Planning and facilitating quarterly group initiatives with Lived Experience group participants (e.g., trash cleanups, surveying individuals experiencing homelessness, sharing public comment at City Council).
- Participating in job-related educational or training events as requested; and
- Carrying out other administrative duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Supporting development of communications materials for collaboratives and programs, potentially including summary documents, brochures, FAQs, program signs, and other items;
- Supporting program-related social media content through SB ACT blog posts, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc;
- Compiling and/or taking photos; and
- Compiling and maintaining list of press clippings
The Assistant Program Coordinator will be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with individuals with lived experience of homelessness, day-to-day support and facilitation of programs and their many moving parts, and being part of a highly functioning team. The Assistant Program Coordinator will report to the Associate Director of Programs of SB ACT.
Leave a Response