Friday, July 29 / 8:30 p.m. / County Courthouse / FREE
- A&L announces the return of FREE Summer Cinema at the SB County Courthouse Sunken Garden
- Hot Fun in the Summertime showcases seven films about summer fun, friendships and adventure
- Enjoy Friday nights under the stars in the fabulous Sunken Garden of the Santa Barbara County Courthouse
- Filmgoers may start setting up at noon on the day of the screening
- Please respect the lawn and your fellow filmgoers: blankets should be permeable (no plastic/nylon/tarps), and chairs must be low-backed and low to the ground. Park staff may remove plastic items that harm the lawn.
- Friday, July 29 / 8:30 p.m. / County Courthouse / FREE
- Info: (805) 893-3535, www.ArtsAndLectures.UCSB.edu
▶ ▶ ▶ Editors/Reviewers: Please include the full name of UCSB Arts & Lectures in all media coverage, including reviews.
“Good ain’t the half of it in this case – it’s funny, it’s endearing, it’s strangely touching.”
The Globe and Mail
When drag queen Anthony (Hugo Weaving) agrees to take his act on the road, he invites fellow performers Adam (Guy Pearce) and Bernadette (Terence Stamp) to come along. In their colorful bus, named Priscilla, the three performers travel across the Australian desert performing for enthusiastic crowds and less-enthusiastic locals. But when the other two performers learn the truth about why Anthony took the job, it threatens their act and their friendship. (Stephan Elliott, 1994, R, 105 min.)
Filmgoers may start setting up at noon on the day of the screening. Please respect the lawn and your fellow filmgoers: blankets should be permeable (no plastic/nylon/tarps), and chairs must be low-backed and low to the ground. Park staff may remove plastic items that harm the lawn.
- Drag Queens: Maple the Goddess (insta @jdogcraw) and Feltaan (insta @feltaan) with EDQC Productions
- Pre-screening entertainment includes drag performances, local queer resources and events with some witty repartee crowd fun inspired by the film
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert trailer >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGWWeourHUg
ABOUT UCSB ARTS & LECTURES
Founded in 1959, UCSB Arts & Lectures (A&L) is the largest and most influential arts and lectures organization between Los Angeles and San Francisco. A&L annually presents more than a hundred public events, from critically acclaimed concerts and dance performances by world-renowned artists to talks by groundbreaking authors and film series at UCSB and Santa Barbara-area venues. With a mission to “educate, entertain and inspire,” A&L also oversees an outreach program that brings visiting artists and speakers into local classrooms and other venues for master classes, open rehearsals, discussions and more, serving K-12 students, college students and the general public.
FREE event. First come first serve.
For tickets and more information, call UCSB Arts & Lectures at (805) 893-3535 or visit www.ArtsAndLectures.UCSB.edu.