Friday, July 15 / 8:30 p.m. / County Courthouse / FREE
- A&L announces the return of FREE Summer Cinema at the SB County Courthouse Sunken Garden
- Hot Fun in the Summertime showcases seven films about summer fun, friendships and adventure
- Enjoy Friday nights under the stars in the fabulous Sunken Garden of the Santa Barbara County Courthouse
- Filmgoers may start setting up at noon on the day of the screening
- Please respect the lawn and your fellow filmgoers: blankets should be permeable (no plastic/nylon/tarps), and chairs must be low-backed and low to the ground. Park staff may remove plastic items that harm the lawn.
- Friday, July 15 / 8:30 p.m. / County Courthouse / FREE
- Info: (805) 893-3535, www.ArtsAndLectures.UCSB.edu
▶ ▶ ▶ Editors/Reviewers: Please include the full name of UCSB Arts & Lectures in all media coverage, including reviews.
“Smart and funny, touching and unabashedly sensual… the sweet sleeper of a hot season.”
Los Angeles Times
UCSB Arts & Lectures presents Hot Fun in the Summertime: Dirty Dancing, on Friday, July 15th at the County Courthouse Sunken Garden at 8:30 p.m.
Set in the summer of 1963, an innocent teen vacationing with her upper-middle-class parents at an upscale resort in the Catskills gets a jolt of culture shock when she crushes on the hotel’s slick, handsome dance instructor. Starring Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey, the film’s stirring soundtrack yielded the Oscar-winning Best Song “(I’ve Had the) Time of My Life.” (Emile Ardolino, 1987, PG-13, 97 min.)
Filmgoers may start setting up at noon on the day of the screening. Please respect the lawn and your fellow filmgoers: blankets should be permeable (no plastic/nylon/tarps), and chairs must be low-backed and low to the ground. Park staff may remove plastic items that harm the lawn.
- State Street Ballet professional dancers Nerea Barrondo (Spain) and Kaito Yamamoto (Japan) will perform new “Dirty Dancing” inspired choreography by Cecily MacDougall with students from State Street Ballet Academy followed by dance lessons for audience participants.
- 7:15 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Dirty Dancing trailer >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIcmQNy9FsM
ABOUT UCSB ARTS & LECTURES
Founded in 1959, UCSB Arts & Lectures (A&L) is the largest and most influential arts and lectures organization between Los Angeles and San Francisco. A&L annually presents more than a hundred public events, from critically acclaimed concerts and dance performances by world-renowned artists to talks by groundbreaking authors and film series at UCSB and Santa Barbara-area venues. With a mission to “educate, entertain and inspire,” A&L also oversees an outreach program that brings visiting artists and speakers into local classrooms and other venues for master classes, open rehearsals, discussions and more, serving K-12 students, college students and the general public.
Dirty Dancing is presented by UCSB Arts & Lectures.
FREE event. First come first serve.
For tickets and more information, call UCSB Arts & Lectures at (805) 893-3535 or visit www.ArtsAndLectures.UCSB.edu.
Leave a Response