Friday, July 8 / 8:30 p.m. / County Courthouse / FREE
- A&L announces the return of FREE Summer Cinema at the SB County Courthouse Sunken Garden
- Hot Fun in the Summertime showcases seven films about summer fun, friendships and adventure
- Enjoy Friday nights under the stars in the fabulous Sunken Garden of the Santa Barbara County Courthouse
- Filmgoers may start setting up at noon on the day of the screening
- Please respect the lawn and your fellow filmgoers: blankets should be permeable (no plastic/nylon/tarps), and chairs must be low-backed and low to the ground. Park staff may remove plastic items that harm the lawn.
- Friday, July 8 / 8:30 p.m. / County Courthouse / FREE
- Info: (805) 893-3535, www.ArtsAndLectures.UCSB.edu
▶ ▶ ▶ Editors/Reviewers: Please include the full name of UCSB Arts & Lectures in all media coverage, including reviews.
“This superb and singular film captures the charm and tribal energy of the teen-age 1950s.”
UCSB Arts & Lectures presents Hot Fun in the Summertime: American Graffiti, on Friday, July 8th at the County Courthouse Sunken Garden at 8:30 p.m. Pre film festivities include a classic car show on Anapamu Street between Anacapa and Santa Barbara Streets.
On the last day of summer vacation in 1962, friends Curt (Richard Dreyfuss), Steve (Ronny Howard), Terry (Charles Martin Smith) and John (Paul Le Mat) cruise the streets of small-town California while a mysterious disc jockey (Wolfman Jack) spins classic rock’n’roll tunes. It’s the last night before their grown-up lives begin, and Steve’s high-school sweetheart, a restless blonde, a bratty adolescent and a disappearing angel in a Thunderbird provide all the excitement they can handle. (George Lucas, 1973, PG, 110 min.)
Filmgoers may start setting up at noon on the day of the screening. Please respect the lawn and your fellow filmgoers: blankets should be permeable (no plastic/nylon/tarps), and chairs must be low-backed and low to the ground. Park staff may remove plastic items that harm the lawn.
- Vintage car show on Anapamu between Anacapa and Santa Barbara
- Co-curated by The Community Hot Rod Project
- See cars from the period of the film American Graffiti
- KLITE Morning Show hosts Gary and Catherine onsite with prizes
- 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 pm.
American Graffiti trailer >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SKQ80fSPQk
ABOUT UCSB ARTS & LECTURES
Founded in 1959, UCSB Arts & Lectures (A&L) is the largest and most influential arts and lectures organization between Los Angeles and San Francisco. A&L annually presents more than a hundred public events, from critically acclaimed concerts and dance performances by world-renowned artists to talks by groundbreaking authors and film series at UCSB and Santa Barbara-area venues. With a mission to “educate, entertain and inspire,” A&L also oversees an outreach program that brings visiting artists and speakers into local classrooms and other venues for master classes, open rehearsals, discussions and more, serving K-12 students, college students and the general public.
FREE event. First come first serve.
For tickets and more information, call UCSB Arts & Lectures at (805) 893-3535 or visit www.ArtsAndLectures.UCSB.edu.