Friday, August 26 / 8:30 p.m. / County Courthouse / FREE
- A&L’s FREE Summer Cinema series concludes with In the Heights. Hot Fun in the Summertime showcases seven films about summer fun, friendships and adventure
- Enjoy Friday nights under the stars in the fabulous Sunken Garden of the Santa Barbara County Courthouse
- Filmgoers may start setting up at noon on the day of the screening
- Please respect the lawn and your fellow filmgoers: blankets should be permeable (no plastic/nylon/tarps), and chairs must be low-backed and low to the ground. Park staff may remove plastic items that harm the lawn.
- Friday, August 26 / 8:30 p.m. / County Courthouse / FREE
- Info: (805) 893-3535, www.ArtsAndLectures.UCSB.edu
▶ ▶ ▶ Editors/Reviewers: Please include the full name of UCSB Arts & Lectures in all media coverage, including reviews.
“An exuberant and heartfelt party…adapted from Lin-Manuel Miranda and Quiara Alegría Hudes’s Tony-winning Broadway show.”
The New York Times
Usnavi is a bodega owner who longs to go back to his native Dominican Republic. In the meantime, he spends his time in a small neighborhood in Washington Heights pining after Vanessa, who works at the beauty salon, and looking after Abuela Claudia, the elderly Cuban lady living next door who raised him. One day, Usnavi’s childhood friend Nina comes back from college with a secret, and Abuela Claudia wins the lottery. (Jon M. Chu, 2021, PG-13, 142 min.)
Filmgoers may start setting up at noon on the day of the screening. Please respect the lawn and your fellow filmgoers: blankets should be permeable (no plastic/nylon/tarps), and chairs must be low-backed and low to the ground. Park staff may remove plastic items that harm the lawn.
Pre Screening Activities
- Musical entertainment and prizes from KLITE Morning Show hosts Gary and Catherine
In the Heights trailer >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0CL-ZSuCrQ
ABOUT UCSB ARTS & LECTURES
Founded in 1959, UCSB Arts & Lectures (A&L) is the largest and most influential arts and lectures organization between Los Angeles and San Francisco. A&L annually presents more than a hundred public events, from critically acclaimed concerts and dance performances by world-renowned artists to talks by groundbreaking authors and film series at UCSB and Santa Barbara-area venues. With a mission to “educate, entertain and inspire,” A&L also oversees an outreach program that brings visiting artists and speakers into local classrooms and other venues for master classes, open rehearsals, discussions and more, serving K-12 students, college students and the general public.
FREE event. First come first serve.
For tickets and more information, call UCSB Arts & Lectures at (805) 893-3535 or visit www.ArtsAndLectures.UCSB.edu.