BEGA North America, a manufacturer of high-quality outdoor architectural solutions with headquarters in Carpinteria, proudly announces its partnership with Therapy Dogs of Santa Barbara, a local nonprofit dedicated to empowering people to live more fulfilling lives through the human-animal bond.
Throughout nearly 40 years of operations in Santa Barbara County, BEGA North America has established itself as a trusted community partner, supporting a variety of local non-profits and community organizations. As part of its commitment to community engagement and social responsibility, BEGA most recently became the Carpinteria Community Sponsor for Therapy Dogs of Santa Barbara.
“At BEGA North America, we believe in the power of community. Our partnership with Therapy Dogs of Santa Barbara reflects our commitment to giving back and supporting programs that are important to our employees and enhance the well-being of individuals,” said Don Kinderdick, President of BEGA North America.
Therapy Dogs of Santa Barbara, guided by values such as empathy, integrity, stewardship, and transparency, focuses on empowering individuals to lead more fulfilling lives through interactions with therapy dogs. BEGA’s sponsorship will support the nonprofit’s programs in Carpinteria, including:
- ARF! (Animals + Reading = Fun!): Promoting literacy through engaging reading sessions with therapy dogs.
- Therapy Dog Visits: Bringing comfort and companionship to individuals in various settings, such as schools, children’s organizations, senior living care facilities, and other facilities that serve vulnerable populations.
- Wag Well: A mindfulness program designed to enhance overall mental well-being through the therapeutic benefits of interaction with dogs and teach children the skills they need to reduce stress and anxiety amid the demands of daily life.
“Therapy Dogs of Santa Barbara has intentionally made Carpinteria a priority over the past 6 months as it has historically been an underserved area. We are delighted to partner with schools and local organizations to offer Therapy Dog, Literacy and Mindfulness Programs to the community,” said Carey Bradshaw, Therapy Dogs of Santa Barbara Executive Director.
The partnership aims to make a positive impact on the local community by contributing to the success of Therapy Dogs of Santa Barbara’s initiatives, and reflects both organizations’ commitment to building community, living responsibly, and enabling the individual to realize their full potential.
For further information about BEGA North America, please contact:
Marketing Communications Manager for BEGA
About BEGA North America:
BEGA North America is a leading manufacturer of high-quality outdoor architectural lighting and furniture solutions, with a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and corporate headquarters in Carpinteria, Calif. The company’s commitment to quality, sustainability, and timeless design sets the standard for the industry.
For further information about Therapy Dogs of Santa Barbara, please contact:
Executive Director, Therapy Dogs of Santa Barbara
About Therapy Dogs of Santa Barbara:
Therapy Dogs of Santa Barbara, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization seeks to empower people to live more fulfilling lives through the human-animal bond. Their services include literacy development through their reading program, ARF! (Animals + Reading = Fun!), promote mental health through their Wag Well program, and enrich the lives of children and adults through Therapy Dog visits to schools, senior care facilities and other community outreach.
Additional Details: Therapy Dogs of Santa Barbara – Carpinteria Programs:
- Aliso Elementary School:
- ARF! will be provided to at-risk 1st-3rd grade students in Spring 2024.
- Wag Well Mindfulness Program for students K-5th grade in the 2023-24 school year.
- Canalino Elementary School:
- Therapy dog visits are offered throughout the school year and at events like the Book Fair.
- ARF! was offered with after-school care service in Fall 2023.
- Carpinteria Middle School:
- Wag Well Mindfulness course offered for Workability class, comprised of students with mental and physical disabilities.
- Carpinteria Community Library:
- ARF! Is offered every first Wednesday of the month to children visiting the library, aimed at children in 1st-3rd
- Carpinteria Community Library: Offered every first Wednesday of the month to children visiting the library, aimed at children in 1st-3rd
- Girls, Inc. of Carpinteria
- Therapy dog visits provided as part of the after school program.