The Santa Barbara Museum of Art is one of the finest museums on the West coast and is celebrated for the superb quality of its permanent collection. Its mission is to integrate art into the lives of people through internationally recognized exhibitions, special programs, as well as the thoughtful presentation of its permanent collection.
The Web and Media Specialist is responsible for content updates to our website, building and coding email campaigns, processing video of lectures/events, and assisting with IT tasks as needed.
- Web content management including obtaining, approval processes, and publishing.
- Continually monitor the website in a proactive manner to ensure that information is accurate, content is current and pages are free of errors.
- Design, develop, and manage HTML e-mail campaigns.
- Project lead for all of our web presences including working with any future vendors for complete website redevelopment projects.
- Reporting of statistical data of our web presences (main website, online store, ticketing, social networking sites) using Google Analytics and other tools as defined.
- Process recorded video from events including editing and formatting for both web use and archives.
- Management and development of interactives utilizing both web technologies and third-party software.
- Basic computer troubleshooting including checking cables, connections, printer configurations, etc.
- Working knowledge of using graphics and web development tools (Photoshop, VS Code Editor)
- Ability to code HTML/CSS by hand without the use of a WYSIWYG.
- Knowledge of relational data models including MySQL and the use of JSON.
- Ability to use API functionality to integrate third party sources into our website (YouTube).
- Working knowledge of Drupal CMS.
- Managing email campaigns and sending out HTML formatted emails using software (Constant Contact preferred).
- Interactive software tools a plus (Intuiface).
- Understanding of web content optimization (imagery, video, pdf document).
- Ability to optimize audio and video for web postings, including understanding of bit rates, resolutions (from camera to computer), audio consistency (noise reduction and normalizing) using tools in Adobe Audition and Premiere Pro.
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot website issues and code violations amongst various Internet browsers effectively.
- Ability to perform computer troubleshooting steps.
- Ability to setup printers and other computer peripherals.
- Basic networking knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization skills with emphasis on being conscientious and detail-oriented
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
- Ability to work with others professionally and tactfully.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to work independently and with initiative.
Two years of education/professional training in web development or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The position reports to SBMA’s Director of Information Technology.
- Successful background check and proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster are required.
- Salary is up to $25.00/hour with full benefits: medical/dental/vision/life/long term disability insurance, pre-tax plans, bike station membership, paid time off, holidays, 403b matching eligibility, and more.
Please e-mail submission packet to: email@example.com
See our Career Opportunities Page at www.sbma.net for Application.
Santa Barbara Museum of Art
1130 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
The Santa Barbara Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.