JOB TITLE Senior Community Programs Coordinator, South County
Reports to: Director of Community Programs & Education
Hours: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Location: Santa Barbara Warehouse
JOB FUNCTION- The Senior Community Programs Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of all Foodbank food literacy programs in South County and the research and coordination needed for future expansion. The Senior Community Programs Coordinator will be part of an innovative, energized team within an organization that is constantly moving forward toward its mission.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute the coordination of all South County programs.
- Plan and perform community outreach as needed for any FBSBC programs in South Santa Barbara County.
- Assist with program development including building trusted partnerships, identifying client needs, and planning for longer-term sustainability.
- Ensure all Foodbank reporting protocols are completing according to schedule including food inventory, volunteer hours, and client intake data.
- Train, supervise, and cultivate strong relationships with program volunteers.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborations with internal departments and external.
- Supervise 1-2 department interns that will provide administrative support.
- Manage call center volunteer needs, training, and on-going communication.
- Assist with CalFresh applications when call volumes are elevated.
- Provide background research and coordination for large-scale partnerships.
- Influence team dynamics and communication through leadership opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned or delegated.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (Social Science, Education, or Nutritional Science preferred)
- Nutrition background/knowledge preferred
- 1-2 years project management experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in reading/writing and speaking Spanish required
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to hold self and other accountable to deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting low-income and underserved populations
- Passion for working with youth
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional Suite
- Valid CA Driver’s License
- Clear driving record
- Access to reliable transportation for occasional work-related travel
- Flexible schedule to meet program goals.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary DOE. For Full-Time positions, employees are eligible for the following benefits: medical, dental, vision, wellness benefits, 403(b) retirement plan, paid time off, and supplemental benefits.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume to Jacqueline Valencia, Director of Programs and Education at email@example.com .
Leave a Response