POSITION: School Program Coordinator – based in Lompoc
(Northern Santa Barbara County assignments)
SALARY: $20.00 per hour; paid holidays and vacation; generous stipend, CalSAVERS retirement
HOURS: 25 hours per week
OPEN UNTIL FILLED: PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
Please submit application with your current resume and a cover letter that tells us why you believe you will be a good fit with the agency and position. Incomplete packets will not be considered.
Applications can be found on our website: www.sbcountyrapecrisis.org
MAIL TO: FINANCE/HR DIRECTOR; P.O. BOX 148, LOMPOC, CA 93438-0148
- Coordinate with school district personnel to schedule ChildSAFE education/awareness workshops in north county area schools.
- Provide prevention and awareness programs regarding sexual assault and child abuse to students, parents, and teachers.
- Develop, implement, and update educational curricula for pre-school, elementary, middle and high school.
- Provide crisis intervention to students as needed at school sites; identify children who are victims of abuse and respond appropriately to disclosures of abuse as mandated reporters under state law.
- Assist with 24-hour Hotline coverage.
- Completion of volunteer advocate training upon hire.
- College degree and/or related experience in public relations, teaching or social services.
- Demonstrated skills in oral and written communication.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to initiate, develop, and implement program-related material.
- Sensitivity and ability to deal with persons of different cultural backgrounds and perspectives.
- Flexibility regarding work hours; availability to respond to crisis calls.
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, reliable transportation, and telephone required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English desirable.
- Bilingual FLUENT Spanish/English strongly preferred and will be compensated at a higher level.
The North County Rape Crisis and Child Protection Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), or disability (medical and physical, including HIV and AIDS), and denial of family medical care leave and pregnancy leave. This policy applies to staff, volunteers, and clients.