Coordinator – Perinatal and Parent Support Programs
The Council on Alcoholism & Drug Abuse (CADA) is hiring a Coordinator to run Perinatal and Parent Support within its Project Recovery outpatient treatment services program.
This position will be the main face of our Perinatal Program, which serves pregnant and parenting mothers who are dealing with substance use. The coordinator will supervise the program’s perinatal treatment counselors who facilitate group and individual counseling offered to both mothers and fathers. A significant responsibility of the coordinator will be outreach in the community to spread awareness of the program and the services it provides.
The coordinator will also oversee Project Recovery’s Parent Support Program, which provides parenting classes and other parenting supports to clients. This may also include providing other therapeutic services to adult clients in Project Recovery as well those in CADA’s residential treatment program. These clients are self-referred, referred from an outside source, or are court mandated and are pursuing recovery from drug and/or alcohol addiction, as well as some dealing with co-occurring disorders.
MFT, AMFT, LCSW, ACSW, LPCC, or APCC with current registration with BBS REQUIRED (Application in process with BBS-post MA graduate is acceptable). Specific knowledge of individual and group counseling principles and techniques, and of substance abuse assessment, diagnosing, and case planning is necessary. The ability to communicate verbally with clients from a wide range of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds is required.
Job Duties Include:
• Assessment and diagnosis in collaboration with others on the treatment team
• Helping clients formulate and implement their own treatment plans
• Ongoing individual therapy for identified clients
• Conduct individual and group substance abuse counseling, education, and relapse prevention sessions
• Maintain client charts; complete client assessments and all relevant clinical documentation in a timely manner that meets high professional standards
• Support and collaborate with treatment counselors in advocacy for clients
• Attend staff meetings for Project Recovery and Adult Residential Treatment Services (ARTS) when appropriate
The position is full time, 40 hours per week. Paid training and clinical supervision provided (group and triadic) to registered associates. Compensation DOE, with a rate increase potential for bilingual (Spanish/English), depending on prior training. Benefits for full time employees include health, dental, vision, life, retirement, and paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday).
This is an in-person position, and the successful candidate would be required to meet with clients onsite. CADA requires that all staff providing in-person services with clients receive the COVID-19 vaccine and booster.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse at email@example.com and reference Coordinate – Perinatal and Parent Support Programs. Please call (805) 722-1305 with questions or for more information.
Leave a Response