Why join our countywide agency?
*Because each day we are making a difference in our community, and because we have a positive, employee- and client-centered work culture.
*We pay competitive rates and offer a strong benefits package that includes generous vacation, sick leave and holiday pay, employer-paid medical insurance, a free subscription to the meditation/sleep app Calm, and much more!
*We offer continuous employee education and development and paid clinical supervision.
*We work with our staff to offer flexibility whenever possible.
We look forward to you joining our team at FSA of Santa Barbara County!
The Outreach Mentor (OM) delivers prevention services for at-risk students. Approximately half of the OM’s time is spent providing prevention services to individuals and small groups of students, and the remainder of the time is spent providing prevention services to the school as a whole. There are currently multiple full-time OM positions available.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide individual students and groups of students with support, education, and advocacy to prevent problems such as antisocial behavior and substance abuse, and to promote student self-esteem, decision-making skills, communication skills, social relationships, and a sense of personal responsibility.
• Maintain a knowledge of school and community resources, make appropriate community and school-based referrals, and conduct follow-up.
• Apply knowledge of prevention programs to enhance protective factors against risks, such as: gang involvement, drug abuse, suicide, dropout, etc.
• Assist in acute interventions for students in crisis.
• Maintain program records in an organized, readily accessible fashion; produce required reports as needed.
• Collect data and input into program data systems, including Vertical Change.
• A Bachelor’s in Psychology, Sociology, Child Development, or other related field is required.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to work with children, families and schools.
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical, computer, written, and verbal communication skills required.
• Professional attitude, enjoys teamwork, and ability to maintain confidentiality a must.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Advanced training in social work, child development, prevention education, psychology, or counseling preferred.
Classification, Hours and Pay Rate:
• This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) during the school year, non-exempt, with benefits. There are also multiple positions available! The position runs according to the school year schedule from approximately August 2022 through June 2023.
• Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and 403(b) retirement plan. Holiday and sick leave also offered.
• Pay starts at $21-$23/hour.
Family Service Agency (FSA) has long been regarded as one of Santa Barbara County’s most reliable and effective nonprofit human service organizations. Our mission is to strengthen and advocate for families and individuals of all ages and diversities, helping to create and preserve a healthy community. We are committed to providing services where they are needed most: in the community. Eighty percent of our services are delivered on school campuses, at community centers and in clients’ homes. Our programs, which serve more than 25,000 people annually, combine clinical expertise, bilingual and bicultural staff, and close collaboration with other agencies. At FSA, all services are provided free or on a sliding fee/donation scale and no one is denied assistance because of an inability to pay.
To apply for this position, it is required that you submit both a cover letter and resume.
You can apply to this position at: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=5154994
Or search through our portal for other open positions: https://familyserviceagency.appone.com/
Leave a Response