LYNDA FAIRLY CARPINTERIA ARTS CENTER
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Lynda Fairly Carpinteria Arts Center (LFCAC) is a community arts and events center in the heart of downtown Carpinteria, CA. The LFCAC is looking for an Operations Director who can be part of the team to help lead our ongoing vision of becoming one of America’s premier small-town arts and events centers. The Operations Director (OD) serves in a senior management position requiring a dynamic, mission-driven individual who is committed to fostering creative connections in our community. The LFCAC seeks an experienced non-profit leader who can take the lead on critical strategic initiatives and work across the organization including fellow Staff members, the Board, Committees, and Volunteers.
The successful candidate for this position will have the following core responsibilities:
Lead the corporate development efforts of the LFCAC:
● Build new relationships with corporations and steward existing corporate relationships.
● Implement a coordinated strategic approach to develop a partnership model with the
corporate community and provide programs that address their needs.
● Support and oversee funding opportunities with the corporate community.
● Act as the liaison to the corporate community with the Executive Director.
● Provide operational support of the corporate outreach program to members of the
● Work through the Fund Development Committee for approvals and updates of the
corporate outreach efforts.
Lead the memberships programs for individuals and businesses:
● Build a strategic membership program that is inclusive, sustainable, and tailored to the
● Lead and oversee membership campaigns.
● Provide events to acknowledge members in the community.
● Manage membership benefits program(s).
Lead the marketing activities for the LFCAC:
● Establish an effective brand and public relations marketing strategy through all
communications channels to raise community awareness of the Arts Center’s mission and
● Effectively communicate measurable outcomes for all programs/activities.
● Serve as the organization’s spokesperson at all community activities/events.
● Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community
organizations and the City to help achieve the community goals of the Arts Center.
● Maintain a working knowledge of developments/trends in the field of non-profits:
management and fund development.
Operations Director Position Description
Financial Planning and Management:
● Take the lead on managing revenues and expenses for the corporate and memberships
● Manage the Arts Center’s marketing/advertising budgets.
Work with the Arts Center’s Executive Director/Staff /Committees/ Board:
● Manage the facilities calendar for scheduling all Arts Center events.
● Manage the collection of the Community Impact Dashboard metrics.
● Take the lead on large Arts Center-sponsored events: annual P2P gala and
● Working with the Executive Director, implement corporate and membership
programs that achieve the Arts Center’s Strategic Plan.
● Foster effective Staff teamwork in support of corporate and membership programs.
● Communicate effectively with the Board and appropriate Committees to function
properly and to provide value-added corporate and membership programs.
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
● Baccalaureate or Master’s Degree preferred.
● 5+ years of broad nonprofit management experience in operations, community
collaborations, and marketing/branding communications.
● Strong leadership skills to communicate effectively, listen, and act with a high degree of
● Strong management skills to inspire and effectively deploy resources.
● Solid administrative skills to prioritize, plan and follow through.
● Strong interpersonal skills for our collaborative approach of programs, exhibitions, and
events across the organization; a team leader who can gain the respect and confidence of
● Understand the role of technology and social media in achieving an organization’s goals.
● Experienced in branding/messaging and marketing strategies.
● Experienced in programs and events management.
● Ability to represent the organization and interface with broad and diverse groups.
● Full time, exempt employee
● Reports to the Executive Director
● Salary Range: $60,000 – $70,000
● Benefits: Health, Dental, Life Insurance/Paid Time Off (15 days first year)
● Start Date: Flexible around December 15, 2021
● Covid-19 Requirement: Fully Vaccinated
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
email@example.com no later than December 3, 2021. Please no phone calls or drop-