Office Manager/Executive Assistant
The Fund for Santa Barbara is seeking a dynamic individual to join our staff and provide strong operational and administrative support for the organization. This individual will have the following qualities:
- A strong commitment to the mission and philosophy of the Fund for Santa Barbara
- Previous operations and administration experience in a complex office environment
- Exceptional time management, organizational and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated ability to write professional correspondence.
- Strong project management, prioritization and analytic skills; detail oriented with an ability to set and achieve realistic goals.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, manage multiple deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced, highly social environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
- Experience recruiting, supervising, and working with volunteers and diverse populations
- Desired experience working closely with Board Of Directors or other body of high functioning volunteers
- Strong computing and IT skills including and (at minimum) fluency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google platform tools, as well as social media tools, email marketing, and general communications tools, and one or more database programs
- Ability to maintain confidential information/files
- Driver’s license, car insurance, a reliable car, and mobile phone are required.
Executive Assistant (40%)
- Provide FUND staff leadership and Board with calendar management.
- Prioritize inquiries and requests and make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day to day engagements.
- Anticipate needs in advance of Board of Directors and committee meetings and internal events.
- Serve as an administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and Board committees
- Attends Board meetings, collects, distributes, and files minutes; prepares and distributes board packets, and sends out meeting notifications to Board of Directors and Board committees and tracks attendance confirmation
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on items addressed to the executive office, and determine the appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Monitor and manage onboarding and offboarding process for the Board of Directors and Board committees
- Prepare and review written correspondence on behalf of the Executive Director and Board as requested.
- Implement special projects as requested by Senior Leadership.
- Serves as office manager, including assisting with correspondence; filing and copying; maintaining office equipment; ordering supplies; supervising regular recycling and office cleaning/organizing; organizing and maintaining a regular filing system and computer backups; and sorting mail
- Maintain adequate inventory of all supplies for the Santa Barbara office
- Assist Executive Director with the search for new office and storage space and coordinate move.
- Perform a portion of daily bookkeeping tasks, in conjunction with the Fund’s Accountant, including credit card processing, deposits, and accounts payable processing in accordance with the Fund’s financial policies.
- Provide administrative support to annual financial audit and reviews, specifically maintaining financial files and related records.
- Ensure that all computers, phones, and internet systems are maintained and in good functioning order for all staff.
- Manage relationships with outside vendors and consultants.
- Manage our internship and volunteer programs including recruitment, orientation, and placement to support programs and operations
Fund Development & Special Events (30%):
- Assist with distribution of event invitations, mailings and donor solicitations
- Assist with events and other fund raising projects as requested
- Assist with the overall execution of Bread & Roses, including but not limited to:
- Coordination of the Auction, tracking, acknowledgement and administrative duties related to auction coordination;
- Serve as the point of contact for auction committee;
- Assist with the smooth processing of ticket sales for the event, working with ticket provider;
- Coordinate the inventory and ordering of supplies for all event areas;
- Coordinate recruitment, orientation and placement volunteers for Bread & Roses;
- Assist with the upkeep of database entries related to Bread & Roses donations.
*Plus other duties as assigned
COMPENSATION/ JOB STATUS: Non-exempt, hourly, full time, benefits-eligible position, reports to Executive Director.
RATE:$22-26 per hour commensurate with experience
LOCATION: Will work primarily from the Fund for Santa Barbara South County office, but may be required to travel between North and South County offices on occasion. Remote work options available.
BENEFITS: two weeks paid time off, 13 paid holidays, health and dental insurance, optional retirement with 3% match, flexible hours; may include some evenings and weekends.
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Interested candidates should send resumes and cover letters to Associate Director, Patricia Solorio at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The FUND FOR SANTA BARBARA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.