The Office Manager is a crucial position at New Beginnings requiring an individual who has the ability to run a mid-sized non-profit’s administrative and human resource activities with autonomy, i.e., appropriate candidate has prior administrative experience running an office. The position is a non-exempt hourly $25 per hour full-time benefited position. Some evening and/or weekend hours necessary on occasion to assist with annual audits and other emergent administrative tasks. Candidate must be willing to make at least a one-year commitment.
The Office Manager will:
- Maintain office services by managing office operations and procedures
- Internally audit office procedures to look for ways to increase efficiency
- Assist Executive Director and Grants Administration Director with government grant reporting with detailed back-up documentation
- Maintain administrative filing systems
- Maintain health, general liability and other insurance requirements for multiple contracts and employees
- Maintain professional, regulatory, and operational licensure, registrations, etc.
- Maintain and manage company 403b plan
- Provide administrative support for Executive Director
- Manage human resource files and employee paperwork and assist with personnel management
- Conduct new-hire orientation and train new volunteers and staff on office procedures; conduct employee separations and assist with employee disciplinary matters
- Serve as backup to bookkeeper with A/R, A/P, payroll when bookkeeper is on vacation
- Operate and maintain phone management system
- Help to manage regulatory compliance and external audits
- Contribute to agency team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed, and
- Assist with and/or manage any and all administrative and operational tasks not listed here necessary for the operation of the company.
The ideal candidate is highly organized and very detail-oriented; is a self-starter, has initiative and is self-directed enough to complete tasks with minimal direction and oversight; uses independent judgment to produce a quality work product within tight time and budget constraints; has high professional standards, and communicates with diplomacy and tact; has excellent computer skills, including strong competency with Microsoft Office Suite and Gmail; has excellent written and verbal communication skills; is a team player who enjoys working collaboratively but who can also work independently; and is able to juggle a variety of tasks, clearly defining priorities, and managing time efficiently.
This is a fast-paced job with a lot of responsibility. We have a collegial working environment and are looking for an exceptional employee with a good work ethic, flexibility, and integrity. Attention to detail is key, as is the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and track and meet regularly occurring deadlines. Exceptional references and a demonstrated ability to perform job functions are required. Must have a car and be able to use it to perform administrative tasks. Mileage reimbursement will be provided. A background check will be conducted. Position begins ASAP. This is not a remote position.
Send resume, and a list of three professional references to email@example.com. If we feel you are a good match for the position, you will be contacted to schedule an interview as soon as possible.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; ancestry; national origin; religion/creed; sex/sexual orientation; gender; gender identity/expression, transition; political affiliation or beliefs; disability, medical condition, generic information, marital status; military/veteran status; pregnancy and conditions related thereto.; or any other characteristic protected by law (as defined by the California Fair Employment and Housing Act — Government Code Section 12900-12996), except where such discrimination is based on a bona fide occupational qualification.