The Santa Barbara Museum of Art is one of the finest museums on the West coast and is celebrated for the superb quality of its permanent collection. Its mission is to integrate art into the lives of people through internationally recognized exhibitions, special programs, as well as the thoughtful presentation of its permanent collection.
The Membership Manager is responsible for overseeing the Membership program, including overall strategic planning, marketing and communications, and reporting and analysis.
The Membership Manager reports to the Director of External Affairs.
- Work with the Communications team on the Membership marketing plan, including acquisitions, promotions, partnerships, and special appeals.
- Work with the Communications team to support the Museum’s online presence for Members via social media.
- Write copy for invitations, monthly Membership emails, quarterly newsletter, promotional materials, and Member pages on the website.
- Oversee all design and production of Membership printed materials including brochures, renewal stationery, special appeal inserts, cards, etc.
- Responsible for managing the member event photography for marketing purposes.
- Collaborate with the Development team to identify and upgrade individuals to higher levels of membership or support groups, and increase annual giving participation.
- Work with Events Manager to create engagement opportunities for Members at the Museum. Examples include exhibition openings, museum programs, and members-only events.
- Develop and implement marketing and promotional plans for retention, acquisition, and upgrades to meet or exceed annual income expectations.
- Work in collaboration with the Membership Coordinator to ensure accurate and timely fulfillment of gift processing, acknowledgments, and member requests.
- Work with the Member and Visitor Services Supervisor on front-line customer service and onsite sales promotions related to membership.
- Generate analytical reports to measure results of Membership campaigns, and overall retention and growth.
- Participate in establishing annual revenue and expenditure budget and monitor progress towards goals.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of Membership program services, benefits, and policies, relating to retention and acquisition of members.
B.A.; 3+ years of successful membership management and/or marketing experience in a member-based organization; excellent writing and interpersonal skills; strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and work well under pressure to meet multiple competing deadlines; a team player who works collaboratively across the department and institution; must enjoy working with the public; excellent computer skills and experience with Raiser’s Edge database or similar fundraising software important.
- This non-exempt, full-time position is eligible for our full benefits package including; Medical, Dental, and Vision, pre-tax plans, 403b with Museum match, vacation, sick paid leave, Holidays, and more.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as necessary with reliable transportation.
- A successful Background Check and COVID-19 proof of vaccination and booster is required if offered the position.
- Pay is dependent on experience.
|Application is found on the www.sbma.net website at our About Page/Career link.
Please E-mail resume and cover letter and application to:
Or drop by at:
1130 State Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Or Fax to:
The Santa Barbara Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Leave a Response