Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County brings people together to build homes, communities, and hopes in partnership with those in need. Over the past 36 years, Habitat has built 72 homes and repaired over 160 more, building strength, stability, and self-reliance and shelter throughout Ventura County. As a non-profit centered in advocacy, fundraising, and service, we are looking for self-motivated and passionate interns interested in creating a more equitable and affordable housing market, while also gaining valuable management and organizing experience. Our unpaid internship program lasts around 3-6 months, depending on your schedule. Habitat Ventura is always evolving and growing, and we are excited to have interns lead that change!
The Marketing/Events Intern will work closely with our Development & Communications Department, where they will gain experience in fund development, communication plans, social media coordination, graphic design, effective marketing planning, photography/videography, and public writing. Tasks include:
- Create graphics and marketing materials for social media, emails, and newsletters
- Assist with event planning: organizing venue, schedule, vendors, food/drink, and volunteers
- Event point-person
- Research and develop communication/marketing plans
- Assist with marketing ReStore
- Research grant funds
- High School Diploma or equivalent, or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Pursuing their bachelor’s or other education/trade
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- Must possess strong accounting knowledge, communication skills, and writing skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please outline your interest in interning at Habitat, what Habitat’s mission means to you, and any relevant experience. Internship is unpaid, but academic credit is available for students per their university’s guidelines. This is a hybrid (remote/in-office) opportunity.
Flexible start and end date (preferably begin in Jan – Feb 2022)