The Marketing & Communications Manager has overall responsibility for all SBMM marketing, both internal and external. Works collaboratively with marketing team members and with all departments to promote SBMM exhibits, education programs, events, fundraising efforts, experiences, museum attendance and awareness. This is a full-time benefited position, approximately 32 hours per week. The Marketing & Communications Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and coordinates the work of the on-staff Marketing & PR Coordinator, the Graphic Designer, the Digital Marketing Consultant, and the Web Designer.
Job Duties Include:
- Develops a thorough familiarity with the museum’s history, exhibits and programs.
- Works with staff to maintain the SBMM website, working with the web designer and staff as needed for changes and updates.
- Manages social media, working with marketing and other staff to coordinate and plan postings with all other marketing efforts, and shares analytics reporting with staff, committees, and Board Members as needed.
- Plans, designs, and purchases all media buys, working collaboratively with staff as needed.
- Creates and manages processes and protocols in collaboration with all departments for all marketing-related materials.
- Works with staff to develop and manage all museum surveys.
- Works with staff to coordinate and manage all museum email campaigns, including updates and Currents Newsletter.
- Has final approval of all marketing materials, which includes working cooperatively with staff in delegating, coordinating, and overseeing the editing and proofreading of all materials that go out to the public.
- Represents the museum at museum events and out in the public.
- Works to broaden the outreach of SBMM marketing efforts outside of current market zones, working with local and regional organizations.
- Develops and manages partnerships with local and regional community organizations.
- Oversees the museum’s branding for consistency.
- Manages and organizes the museum’s image collection.
- Works collaboratively with museum staff to provide oversight of all press releases, brochures, flyers, signage, and all other museum marketing materials.
- Works with staff to create and manage the media / marketing plan and calendar.
- Oversees implementation of comprehensive marketing strategies to create awareness of the museum’s business activities.
- Supervises and provides guidance and feedback to consultants and other marketing professionals on staff.
- Works collaboratively with staff to produce ideas for promotional events or activities and to organize them efficiently.
- Monitors progress and submits performance reports.
- Acts as the liaison to the Marketing Committee.
- Organizes the company’s publications.
Skills Needed Include:
- Proven experience as Marketing Manager
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments
- Excellent team leadership and organizational skills
- Analytical and creative thinking skills
- Knowledgeable of current marketing techniques and best practices
- Thorough knowledge of web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.) and Google Adwords
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org