Make a difference in your community
Are you passionate about supporting women and historically marginalized business owners? Are you looking for purposeful work?
Come start an exciting career with Women’s Economic Ventures (WEV)!
WEV (pronounced “weave”) is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating an equitable and just society through the economic empowerment of women. We are a purposeful, mission-driven organization with a passionate and engaged staff based in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties, whose primary focus is supporting women-owned businesses and entrepreneurship. WEV is an Equal Opportunity Employer with team members working locally and remotely.
Become a Learning Solutions Program Coordinator for WEV
WEV’s Program Coordinator supports the day-to-day implementation of WEV’s entrepreneurial training programs to advance our mission. The Program Coordinator is an essential member of the Client Services team, participating in collaborative planning processes to deliver impactful programs and services to WEV and its Women’s Business Center (WBC) clientele, as well as contributing to developing and maintaining the highest quality education and training programs.
This role is a full-time, hourly position based at WEV’s Santa Barbara or Ventura office, with hybrid work opportunities.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Direct Client Service
- Supports WEV’s strong service culture through ongoing customer contact, quality customer care, and superior program knowledge.
- Facilitates clients’ ongoing business education needs by providing referrals to WEV’s consulting and training programs, funding programs, and other business development resources as appropriate.
- Provides front line office support (phone calls, walk-ins, mail, supplies, equipment).
- Offers high quality customer service to ensure positive client/stakeholder experiences.
- Collects and processes client payments and refunds.
- Responsible for program data entry in keeping with strategic goals to support grant and internal reporting.
- Works with other staff to ensure all grant reporting documentation is submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintains WEV and WBC client and training files to back up data reported (both physical and scanned documents).
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 2-5 years relevant experience in program implementation.
- Relevant experience in adult learning environment and/or comparable non-profit organization.
- Highly motivated, energetic, in alignment with WEV’s mission, and dedicated to WEV’s clients and the achievement of WEV’s strategic goals.
- Effective communication skills, concise and compelling writer, and comfortable working both one-on-one with clients, and giving group presentations.
- Ability to drive results through cooperation, collaboration, under minimal supervision, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in highly organized manner both individually and in collaborative work settings.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with external stakeholders and co-workers of varying social and cultural backgrounds at all levels.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite/Office 365.
- An “entrepreneurial mindset”, defined by WEV as focused on continuous improvement, adaptability and resilience.
- Ability to travel for regional outreach and meetings on a weekly basis and as necessary.
- Availability to adjust schedule to work regular evenings and weekends.
- Personal, reliable auto transportation and current auto insurance.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Bilingual, with oral and written proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Interest in and exposure to small business development.
Minimum: Associates degree.
Preferred: BA/BS from four-year college in social sciences or other related field.
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Sit at a computer, typing for 60-80% of the time
WEV offers a generous benefits package, including health insurance contribution; dental, vision and life insurance; over 30 days of annual paid time off, and Simple IRA contribution. Our working environment and company culture support flexibility and work-life balance.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply, visit https://www.wevonline.org/wev-careers/application/.
You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter, which should be addressed to WEV’s Hiring Manager. In your cover letter, please describe any personal or professional experience with entrepreneurship, if applicable. No phone calls, please.