The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, coordinating and directing volunteer services in accordance with the mission of Savie Health free clinic. This position also provides marketing/communications support and assists the Executive Director with development and human resources tasks. Remote work is an option for this position; however, the incumbent will need to be in Lompoc, at the clinic, at least one day monthly. Bilingual, bicultural English/Spanish preferred. This position will work 10-15 hours weekly.
- Staff lead for Savie Health’s volunteer program
- Plan, implement and participate in volunteer recruitment activities with a focus on adding specialists, medical assistants, and other clinical providers to Savie’s existing pool of volunteers
- Identify, write and update on an annual basis job descriptions for non-provider volunteer positions available at Savie Health free clinic
- In conjunction with the Clinic Manager, Medical Assistant, and Executive Director, develop and update volunteer policies and handbook at least on an annual basis
- Interview potential volunteers and suggest assignments
- In conjunction with Clinic staff, ensure that an orientation checklist is completed for each volunteer
- Oversee volunteer section in donor database, Etapestry.
- In conjunction with the Clinic Manager and Executive Director, ensure adequate volunteer coverage for activities and events
- Track and report volunteer statistical information
- Communicate with volunteers regularly to keep them updated on Clinic activities
- Plan and implement volunteer recognition activities
- Marketing: oversees marketing and development interns, assures that regular social media posts are done regarding the clinic’s services, outreach events, and fundraising events; send emails to supporter email list
- Writes periodic press releases as directed by Executive Director
- Provides assistance to the Executive Director with human resources, thank you letters and donor database support
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience with volunteer management, donor databases and/or working for a nonprofit organization preferred
- Strong computer computer skills and knowledge of social media/marketing
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to function well as part of a team
- Ability to exercise considerable tact and judgment when working with sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Executive Director
To apply, please email a cover letter stating why you would like to work for Savie Health, and why you believe you are qualified for the position, along with your resume to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until January 19, 2023. No phone calls.
Leave a Response