The HR Representative is responsible for a range of human resources duties, primarily focusing on the administration of employee health and welfare benefits, including leaves of absence and providing COVID response support.
Our agency provides employees with a positive work environment and the ability to balance work & home along with excellent benefits. Our benefit package includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance including sick, vacation, and personal leave with 11 paid holiday’s and a fully vested retirement plan with an up to 5% match.
This position is full-time with full benefits and starting out between $19.55 – $22.35 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluates policy and procedures in assigned areas of responsibility and recommends changes to HR Director.
- Maintain confidentiality of department and employee information according to established practices.
- Responsible for providing education and communication to staff members so that all benefit programs are understood and plan utilization is optimized.
- Develops written communications, enrollment materials, and presentations associated with the benefit programs.
- Handles benefit inquiries and issues to ensure timely, courteous, and equitable resolution.
- Updates and maintains benefits files and records, and ensures that proper processes are completed for all changes and distributed to HR and Fiscal systems.
- Partners with benefits broker and HR Director on the annual benefits renewal process including participation in annual strategy meetings, review of plan design, the bidding process for plans, and recommended changes to the Personnel Committee.
- Orchestrates the annual open enrollment process including preparation of staff member communication materials, employee briefings, enrollments, eligibility, and payroll deductions.
- Manages leave of absence coordination and consults, including all verbal and written communication to staff members, managers, and Fiscal.
- Provides support with COVID notifications to employees, tracking, and carrier notifications.
- Audits payroll and benefits systems for accuracy and compliance with agency policies.
- Conducts wage and benefits studies and complies results, as requested by HR Director.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure organizational compliance.
- Administers seasonal employees’ benefit notifications, unemployment claims, and employee contributions.
- Develops performance metrics (“dashboard”) in areas of responsibility.
- Provides training and conducts presentations and briefings as required.
- Cross-train in HR operations to provide holistic support to employees and provide support to HR Manager with recruitment as needed.
- Performs other duties assigned by the HR Director.
Education and/or Experience: Associate’s Degree in a related field and two years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a working knowledge of the principles and practices of human resource administration, including experience in compensation and benefits.
Language Skills: Strong verbal and interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of internal and external contacts. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, supervisors, and the general public. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of contact management systems; database software; internet software; project management software; spreadsheet software and word processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current valid California driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Please note: CommUnify has a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy with ability to request a vaccination accommodation due to medical or religious reasons.
Leave a Response