Job Title: Fun in the Sun Associate
Status: Non-Exempt, Full time, Seasonal
Start Date: Janurary 16, 2023
Job Purpose: Under general guidelines, the primary purpose of this role is to lead the enrollment process and support the coordination and execution of UWSBC’s Fun in the Sun (FITS) program. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
A. Key Responsibility Area:
- Support all aspects of the FITS program as assigned.
- Conduct outreach to various partner agencies, media outlets etc. to recruit participants and families to the program.
- Schedule interviews and follow up for new FITS staff.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of FITS staff training.
- Assist with the organization and inventory of program supplies.
- Support the CI Program Coordinator with program partner communications and confirming schedules.
- Use presentation and interpersonal skills to build relationships with new and existing individual and organizational program sponsors, donors and partners.
- Assist in the outreach, enrollment, communications and planning of the Counselor in Training volunteer aspect of Fun in the Sun.
- Assist with the planning and execution of the parent orientations.
- Support operations at each site while the program is running.
- Substitute for site staff in the event of multiple absences at the site.
- Assist with the organization and execution of program related events.
- Follow-all legal and administrative procedures.
- Communicate issues, obstacles, or potential problems to management immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
External: Donors, committees, volunteers, program partners, public officials and as assigned by the Director of Strategic Partnerships.
Internal: All staff.
Education and Experience: An Associates degree or a four-year college degree (desired) as well at least 2 years of experience with OST (Out of School Time) programs preferred. Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate a team of volunteers. Information systems, communication skills, customer service, analysis and risk-taking required.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described functions. Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $19.00 per hour