The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts (SBCPA) at the Granada Theatre is dedicated to providing best-in-class production, sales and administrative support to arts organizations from throughout the Santa Barbara region. SBCPA is making it possible for many of Santa Barbara’s finest performing arts organizations to present their programs with the highest level of contemporary production support and audience comfort.
What You’ll Do
The Granada Theatre has an opening for a part-time Facilities Assistant who can provide oversight, support and basic security for performances, rehearsals and private events at the theater. They will also be available on a regular basis for light maintenance, additional cleaning and marquee changes. This is an opportunity to join a team of facilities professionals who maintain, protect and restore the amazing treasure that is the Granada Theatre. Part-time schedule allows a mix of at least 20 hours per week for maintenance and shows, occasionally additional hours.
· Act as Facilities point person for performances and events, to support front of house staff and related show vendors with facilities logistics and tasks
· Liaise with contracted security for performances and events to provide oversight or information as necessary
· Remain on-call for performances and events for moving equipment or cleaning up spills, light plumbing issues and other facilities related tasks
· Have schedule availability for theater maintenance on weekdays
What You’ll Need to Get the Job Done
· High School education or Associate’s degree or coursework
· At least 6 months’ experience with special event logistics
· An excellent customer service background
· Knowledge of and experience in light maintenance work such as painting, plumbing/HVAC, minor repairs, spot cleaning, light bulb and filter changes, Audio Visual
· Must have a keen eye for detail
· Must have a valid CA Driver’s license
What Will Really Interest Us About You
· 1-2 years’ experience in special events logistics and vendor management
· Previous employment in the trades of plumbing/HVAC, carpentry, painting or repair work
What Will Really Interest You About Us
An atmosphere of learning and opportunities to increase skills and knowledge and develop a career. Downtown Santa Barbara office in the beautiful Granada tower. A wonderful team dedicated to supporting the arts.
To apply, go to www.granadasb.org/About/Careers and follow instructions to complete the employment application. Submit application with resume, cover letter and references. No phone calls please.
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations.