Page Youth Center is currently looking for an Executive Director. The Executive Director (ED) of PYC provides strategic leadership and manages daily operations. Key responsibilities include implementing mission-driven strategies and initiatives, serving as a conduit of information to the Board about the health and effectiveness of PYC initiatives, and cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with a wide range of partners and community leaders. In addition, the ED provides prudent financial management and staff supervision. The ED must be comfortable providing leadership, inspiration, and support to the Board and staff. The ED must be an excellent communicator and facilitator who works closely with the Board, staff, and community. The ED reports to the Board President.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with community leaders throughout the region in order to understand and articulate evolving needs in the community.
- Implement and manage youth sports programs including leagues and clinics.
- Prepare and submit grant applications.
- Prepare summaries and make recommendations to the Board concerning grant applications.
- Collaborate with the Board to consider and develop new philanthropic initiatives and programming ideas that assist PYC in fulfilling its mission.
- Understand administrative, legal, and fiduciary requirements and best practices as they apply to PYC.
- Develop and implement an annual budget for board approval. Provide sound financial oversight and management.
- Recruit, manage, and retain highly qualified and motivated professional staff.
- Delegate specific responsibilities with appropriate authority and establish accountability; foster open communication.
- Work closely with the Board to understand and advance appropriate board governance, maintain clear lines of communication, and provide well-defined opportunities for Board engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred; advanced degree preferred.
- Experience as the face of an organization particularly in the context of youth sports; well-developed interpersonal skills; superb oral and written communication skills; ability to listen and present ideas clearly and persuasively.
- Strong financial and organizational management experience; knowledge of financial instruments, rules, regulations, and standards for nonprofits.
- A strategic thinker, planner, and executor with an operating style that encourages cooperation.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Ability to manage and track multiple projects and activities to a successful conclusion.
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with database systems.
The Page Youth Center (PYC) is a youth sports organization believing that through sports youth can learn valuable life lessons in teamwork, perseverance, cooperation, and sportsmanship. Our participants learn that success comes from practice and hard work and that being part of a team brings unique challenges and rewards. We recognize that children are our future and that our programs help prepare them for their roles as tomorrow’s citizens and leaders.
The Page Youth Center was founded and incorporated in 1984 by a group of local individuals with the vision to enhance the lives of Santa Barbara area youth by using sports programs to build character, self-confidence, physical fitness, and sportsmanship. In 1991, to meet the increasing needs of the community, PYC completed its 23,000 square-foot sports facility which features a 16,000-square-foot gymnasium suitable for a variety of sports.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work Location: One location