The Energy Services Worker inspects and assesses weatherization projects and activities to ensure compliance with specifications, building codes and work orders under direction from Lead Energy Service Worker. Prepare and maintain inspection/installation reports for review by lead Energy Service Worker and/or Operations Supervisor. Receive store and issue material, equipment and other items from stock room, warehouse, or storage yard. Reports directly to Supervisor and/or Program Director.
Our agency provides employees with a positive work environment and the ability to balance work & home along with excellent benefits. Our benefit package includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance including sick, vacation, and personal leave with 11 paid holiday’s and a fully vested retirement plan with an up to 5% match.
This position is full-time with full benefits and starting out between $18.50 – $20.90 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned.
- Assess weatherization projects for installation of all feasible program eligible measures and document on program forms with the assistance of Energy Services Worker II
- Prepare initial home assessment report for review by Energy Services Worker II and/or Field Supervisor
- Assist ES Worker II with post installation inspection of all prescribed measures installed by subcontractors and internal crew and capture results on program mandated forms for review
- Accurately use all agency provided testing equipment to test for safety, replacement and pre and post installation result on projects.
- Prepare post inspection files noting missing documents, incomplete forms and required photos and conduct follow up with designated parties for missing documents for all files and submit to Office Assistant for scheduling.
- Assist with the installation of energy savings measures in homes as needed for project completions.
- Maintain vehicle and activity log for monthly submission
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Clean and maintain supplies, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
- Compile, review, and maintain data from contracts, purchase orders, requisitions, and other documents in order to assess supply needs.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year of experience in home repairs/inspection or completion of Youth Corps Energy Program.
Computer Skills: To perform this position successfully, an individual may be required to have some knowledge of Accounting software; Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Maintain a valid California Driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and appropriate insurance.
Other Skills and Abilities: Home repair and inspection experience highly desirable, must speak Spanish.
Please note: CommUnify has a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy with ability to request a vaccination accommodation due to medical or religious reasons.
Leave a Response