ABOUT THE SANTA BARBARA TRUST FOR HISTORIC PRESERVATION
The Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation (SBTHP) is a nonprofit that operates El Presidio de Santa Bárbara State Historic Park for the State of California and owns and operates Casa de la Guerra in downtown Santa Barbara. As a county-wide preservation organization that also manages an urban historic park which includes museums, archaeological sites, and numerous historic structures, we provide educational programs for both school and the general public that addresses the region’s multi-ethnic past and present.
Associate Director for Advancement
Event Attendant(s) & Intern(s)
SCOPE OF POISITION
Working under the direction of the Associate Director for Advancement, the Director of Membership & Event Rentals, leads SBTHP’s membership program (and associated events), oversees SBTHP’s various rental venues, and helps develop supporting promotional collateral to support both initiatives. They oversee a team of Event Attendants and help manage department intern(s), who are tasked with event and development responsibilities. Works within a team environment led by Associate Director for Advancement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES //
SBTHP Event Rental Program:
- Identify new opportunities to grow and promote SBTHP’s rental venues, including new partners and event opportunities.
- Train, supervise, and schedule Event Attendants, maintaining adequate staffing levels to ensure successful rental events. In the event that Event Attendant(s) are unable to staff a given rental event, the Director of Membership and Event Rentals may be required to staff such rental event.
- Responsible for drafting rental contracts, monitoring and executing all rental contract terms, such as timely payment of rental fees, timely submission of proof of insurance by renters, and completion of appropriate paperwork post-rental to return client deposit(s).
- Align with Directors of Programs and Visitor Experience to continue offer timely and relevant cross-training opportunities to enhance staff opportunities throughout the organization.
- Schedule and coordinate site visits with clients as needed.
Advertising, Marketing, and Public Relations:
- Works with Associate Director for Advancement to ideate advertising, marketing (all mediums), and other promotional materials as needed for SBTHP’s rental and membership programs.
- Solicits (and develops) content to help support both event rentals and membership programs.
- Staffs tables at various SBTHP programs and local events to promote both rental and membership programs.
SBTHP Membership Program (SBTHP Advocates):
- Develop and lead initiatives that result in increase of new members, retention of existing membership base, and drives visibility and awareness with prospective members.
- Leads all membership communication and writes monthly membership newsletters (email program).
- Responsible for processing donations, producing gift acknowledgement notifications, and maintaining member/donor database.
- Plan yearly membership gatherings to foster community amongst SBTHP members.
- Generates monthly written reports to Associate Director for Advancement for inclusion in department reports.
- Attend regular staff meetings, Development Committee, and Ad-Hoc Event Committee meetings.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Associate Director for Advancement or Executive Director.
All work will be consistent with SBTHP’s Strategic Plan and in support of the organization’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Plan. SBTHP is a diverse organization with a small staff and many activities. All staff members, including the Director of Membership and Event Rentals, must be versatile and cooperative in carrying out a variety of responsibilities and duties, as assigned by the Associate Director for Advancement or Executive Director.
Minimum three to four years’ experience in development, membership, events, customer/client-facing role, or a comparable position required. Role requires strong customer service, oral, organizational, computer, interpersonal and leadership skills; ability to perform well under pressure and deal with awkward situations; follow detailed directions and complete contractual obligations; work collaboratively and independently; and to adapt to last-minute changes. Bachelor degree required or higher preferred. Understanding of business, design, donor/gift management, and software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Constant Contact, Little Green Light, Microsoft 365, and Wix preferred. Conversational Spanish preferred. Must be available to work nights, weekends, holidays and to work varying shifts.
$28.50/hr plus benefits package.
A complete application form, cover letter, and resume are required. Please send application package to Tim Aceves.