Girls Inc. of Greater Santa Barbara is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Girls Inc.’s online application portal for consideration: https://bit.ly/3u7QhNj
Girls Inc. of Greater Santa Barbara (GIGSB) is hiring for a Digital Marketing Communications Manager (DMCM) to oversee its online marketing activities (social media, website, email marketing, online advertising, SEO/SEM) and ensure message alignment with strategy and brand across all digital and traditional platforms. In this role you will develop, implement, and optimize GIGSB’s marketing strategy and build results-oriented digital campaigns to drive program enrollment, advocacy engagement, and fund development initiatives. You will play a critical role in building capacity and awareness of our new advocacy initiatives, while also internally supporting organizational culture and employee engagement activities. This position will collaborate cross-functionally with the program, advocacy, and development teams and will report to the future Vice President of Advocacy position.
As the Digital Marketing Communications Manager, you will:
- Develop and implement annual digital marketing and communications plans and collaborate with program, fund development, and advocacy teams to create new audience growth strategies.
- Identify target audiences and create compelling digital content (including YouTube videos, branded content, testimonials, and more) that engages, informs, and drives conversation around Girls Inc.’s equity work, advocacy, and programming.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals (ROI, metrics, KPIs) using a variety of analytical tools.
- Help expand GIGSB’s advocacy capacity.
- Manage marketing and social platforms (Google Analytics, Constant Contact, Hootsuite, Yelp, etc.) and marketing vendor relationships.
- Own GIGSB’s website and continually improve visibility and search rankings through SEO/SEM; Identify and evaluate key metrics that impact website traffic and target audience and adjust strategy accordingly.
- Oversee organic and paid advertising to generate new leads, improve conversion, and further the online conversation with Girls Inc. stakeholders; Analyze all data/metrics and adjust social media strategy and ad spend based on performance.
- Own the email marketing lifecycle, grow GIGSB’s email database, and apply persona/segmentation characteristics to campaigns for more effective engagement.
- Develop and manage GIGSB’s marketing budget.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- A strong passion and commitment to youth advocacy and gender equity work, and belief in the mission and vision of Girls Inc.
- A high bar for excellence and a proven record of success managing cohesive SEO/SEM, email marketing, social media, and digital advertising campaigns that increase stakeholder engagement.
- 5+ years of professional digital marketing and communications experience ideally in a social sector or cause-based organization.
- A BS/BA degree in marketing (interactive, digital), communications, or related field is preferred, though we are more interested in your combined equivalent professional experience, education, and related certifications.
- Sound technical knowledge of: SEO/SEM implementation and analytics, social ads, web optimization, ad serving tools and experience setting up and optimizing Google AdWords campaigns.
- Strong digital online community building and organizing abilities.
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills, as well as multi-media content development skills including graphic design and videography.
- Spanish language written and verbal skills proficiency (strongly preferred); Your experience creating bi-lingual marketing content is highly desirable.
- Comfort working self-directed and working in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Solid project management and planning skills.
- A commitment to embracing and helping advance GIGSB’s DEIB work.
- Experience working with WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, and CSS.
- Certifications in SEO, SEM, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, a plus.
- A problem-solving mentality with strong analytical and data-driven decision-making skills.
- Budget development and management experience.
We are committed to equal pay for equal work, and we believe transparency of compensation is one way to achieve that. The salary range for this full-time position is $70,000-$85,000 based on experience.
Who We Are
Girls Inc. is the leading national expert on girls’ issues and stands for gender and social equity and justice. We inspire all girls to be strong, smart, and bold through direct service and advocacy. As one of 79 nonprofit affiliates in the Girls Inc. Network, Girls Inc. of Greater Santa Barbara is an established and respected member of our local community since 1958. We annually serve more than 1,300 girls, ages 5-18, through after-school and summer camp enrichment programs, a dedicated teen center and teen outreach programming, and a recreational-to-competitive gymnastics program. Girls Inc.’s comprehensive approach to whole-person development equips girls, teens and those who identify as female to navigate gender, economic, and social barriers and grow up healthy, educated, and independent, prepared to lead the next generation. Informed by girls, teens, and their families, we also advocate for legislation and policies to increase opportunities for all girls.
Girls Inc. of Greater Santa Barbara is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or a special need that requires accommodation to complete the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We currently offer the following benefits:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with a 3% employer match
- Life insurance
- Cell phone stipend
- Paid vacation and sick leave to recharge and recover
- 11 paid holidays
- Professional development stipend
- Flexible work arrangement including onsite, hybrid, and remote options
- Ability to pass criminal background check.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening.
- Vaccinations as required by CA State Law for licensed childcare facilities (TB, Pertussis and Measles immunizations. Flu vaccine recommended, but optional).
- We require COVID-19 vaccines and boosters for all employees. Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or religious beliefs.