The Development Specialist is an integral part of the Development team, providing skilled support for Family Service Agency’s fundraising program. The Development Specialist is responsible for gifts processing and database management, assisting the Grants Manager with grant reporting and writing, and carrying out other development support functions as outlined below. This position offers the opportunity for career growth.
The Development Specialist can be based out of any of FSA’s offices in Santa Maria, Lompoc, or Santa Barbara, and will work out of the Santa Barbara office at least 1-2 times per week.
Sample Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gift Processing/Database Management
- Database entry of contributions, prepare acknowledgement letters, file documents
- Database Management—maintain an accurate and up-to-date donor database, generate lists and reports
- Grants Assistance
- Data collection and report preparation
- Writing grant applications
- Writing grant thank you letters
- Development and Event Support
- Assist with production of mailings, donor communications, and other outreach campaigns
- Assist with events planning, coordination, and implementation, including tracking of event participants and contributions
- Provides administrative support for the Development Team
- Develop effective working relationships with volunteers, vendors, and donors
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Requires two years’ experience with donor database management, grants, and/or administration.
- Excellent computer, written, and verbal communication skills are required.
- Experience with development/fundraising software, such as Donor Perfect, is preferred.
- Professional conduct and handling of confidential information a must.
- Background check required.
- Valid California Driver’s License and proof of insurance required.
- Reliable transportation is necessary to travel throughout Santa Barbara County.
Classification, Hours and Pay Rate:
- This position is flexible and can accommodate part-time or full-time schedules!
- Benefits are available for those who work at least 30.0 hours per week: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and 403(b) retirement plan. Generous vacation, holiday, and sick leave also offered.
- Limited benefits will be available for those working fewer than 30.0 hours per week.
- Pay is dependent on experience.
To apply for this position, it is required that you submit both a cover letter and resume. You can apply to this position at: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=4072224
Or search through our portal for other open positions: http://familyserviceagency.appone.com/