Our Development Director is responsible for all our revenue streams, including general operating, events, special projects, capital, endowment, and estate planning, which allow us to achieve our mission and maximize our impact in the community. Plan and organize fundraising all activities, manage the development budget, and assemble teams made up of staff and volunteers to raise funds adequate funds to meet overall council goals.
Our designer of development strategies gets to
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
- Develop and execute the annual fundraising plan to reach annual goal
- Generate new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty
- Report on program progress to senior management and the board
- Oversee the development budget and monitor expenses
Our organizer of development activities gets to
- Maintain long-term relationships with existing donors
- Identify and build relationships with new and prospective donors
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening tools
- Administer signature fundraising and donor stewardship events
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations
- Recruit, train, and support key volunteers to assist in advancement efforts
- Communicate fundraising goals throughout the organization and equip team members to reach them
- Identify staffing needs, interview candidates, and on-board well-qualified personnel
As our leader in fundraising must be an
- Enthusiastic leader capable of managing diverse teams to reach a common goal. Initiating and completing projects is right up your alley. You know how to make timely, effective, and ethical decisions. You embody the entrepreneurial spirit. You’re a self-starter who crafts creative solutions and opens doors to new donor relationships.
- Active and constant listener to all constituents, focus especially on donor needs and know how to identify mutual benefits. You communicate excellently and compel audiences through writing and speaking.
- Fast learner and have fluent abilities with virtual and electronic programs.
You will have some light physical demands (i.e. spending hours listening and talking; working on the computer and phone; driving to appointments and events; lifting light pieces of equipment and materials; and occasionally working long days, nights and weekends).