Ventura Land Trust (VLT) is a local, private, non-profit land trust working to protect the land, water, wildlife, and scenic beauty of the Ventura region for current and future generations. The organization strives to create a fun, inspiring and team-oriented work environment with flexible work hours.
The Development Coordinator maintains the image of Ventura Land Trust in the eyes of donors, manages donor acknowledgement, updates charitable registration sites, updates and maintains website content, sends out timely communications to members, and exhibits exceptional customer service to members and donors. The Development Coordinator supports the Development Director in managing fundraising efforts and building donor relationships, and supports the Outreach Director in managing communications on behalf of the organization. The Development Coordinator reports to the Development Director, supervises administrative volunteers, and works collaboratively with fellow VLT staff, board members, committee members and volunteers in all development endeavors.
In support of the Development Director:
- Collect and enter daily donations into database, in coordination with Accounting Manager
- Produce contribution acknowledgement letters
- Conduct donor gratitude phone calls and write thank you notes
- Assist in generating and producing annual mailing for both Winter and Spring appeals
- Assist with donor tracking and stewardship
- Support donor event planning efforts (virtual and in-person)
- Conduct both proactive and reactive prospect research
- Assist Development Director with grant funding requests and reporting
- Assist with preparation of reports for use by staff and board
- Assist with migration of VLT’s CRM database to Salesforce
- Manage administrative volunteers
- Attend occasional community meetings
- Perform other related duties as requested
In support of the Outreach Director:
- Design reports and queries for mailings/invitations, etc.
- Assist in organizing and hosting community/cultivation events
- Assist with updating website with current and upcoming news and events
- Assist with VLT merchandise sales and online store management
- Update community calendars with VLT events
- Assist with internal photography and video production
- Strong database skills
- Excellent attention to detail and solid project management skills
- Ability to work closely with senior staff to achieve the fundraising and community-building goals of the organization
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and keep track of multiple projects on an ongoing basis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in non-profit development a plus
- Experience planning large-scale events and fundraisers a plus
- Team player, self-starter, interested in personal and professional growth
- Able to work occasional weekends and weeknights
- Bilingual Spanish & English a plus
Hourly compensation range $22-$26, commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Budgeted hours are 40 hours per week. Development Coordinator qualifies as a full-time hourly employee and is eligible for full-time holiday, vacation, and sick time.
For more information and to view the full job description, please visit: https://www.venturalandtrust.org/development_coordinator_job_opening.
To be considered for this position, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Coordinator” in the subject line.