The Development Associate is an integral member of Santa Barbara Channelkeeper’s development team. The Associate manages the donor database, processes gifts and acknowledgment letters, conducts donor and prospect research, assists with event coordination, supports grant management, and performs other supportive work that contributes to the success of SBCK. The Associate reports to the Development Director and works closely with the Executive Director.
Santa Barbara Channelkeeper’s current annual budget is $908,000. The organization is financially stable and poised for strategic growth.
The Development Associate should be a dependable, motivated, and well-organized individual who is committed to the mission and work of Santa Barbara Channelkeeper, enthusiastic about fundraising, and experienced in confidential data management, preferably through a constituent relationship or donor management system.
Santa Barbara Channelkeeper protects and restores the Santa Barbara Channel and its watersheds through science-based advocacy, public education and engagement, fieldwork, and when other avenues fail, legal action. Throughout its 20+ years, Santa Barbara Channelkeeper has accomplished significant results to protect water quality and aquatic habitats along California’s coast stretching from Gaviota Coast to the Ventura River, and offshore to the Channel Islands.
- Managing and using the organization’s donor relationship management platform (E-Tapestry), process donations and acknowledgment letters, create and update donor profiles, and generate reports.
- Coordinate and execute all mailings for fundraising events, annual fund appeals, and newsletters.
- Draft and assist in editing of annual fund appeals, annual reports, and other fundraising materials.
- As assigned, conduct research on prospective donors.
- Coordinate with staff on a full range of activities to research, prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals and reports to foundations, government agencies, and corporate entities. This may involve drafting and editing proposals and reports.
- Provide support for the planning and production of donor events, including the annual Blue Water Ball.
- Maintain organization’s development and donor communication calendar.
- Schedule meetings with existing and potential donors on behalf of the Executive Director, Development Director, and Board members.
- Maintain files and provide overall administrative support for the development team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Development Director.
- 1 to 3 years of directly related work experience, preferably at a mission-driven organization.
- Experience managing and using constituent relationship or donor management databases.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise solid judgment and ensure confidentiality of information.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, resolve problems, organize time, meet deadlines, and identify resources for projects.
- Effective, collaborative team member.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends for meetings and events.
- Enthusiastic about Santa Barbara Channelkeeper’s mission and impact.
Competitive, non-profit salary commensurate with experience; benefits
Send a cover letter and resume as a single PDF to: email@example.com and include “Development Associate position” as the email subject.
Please, no phone calls or drop-in meetings.
Santa Barbara Channelkeeper is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and other categories protected by law in employment decisions.
Leave a Response