Job Title: Development Assistant, Humanities & Fine Arts
Summary of Job Details
Development Assistant, Humanities & Fine Arts Serves as the primary initial contact for three Directors of Development (“hereafter referred to as “the Directors”) in the Humanities and Fine Arts (HFA) team to provide essential administrative and financial support that is critical to the successful operation of a complex fund-raising program to secure support that is critical to the successful operation. The position will manage online calendars, screen incoming calls, make travel and entertainment arrangements, and complete all necessary paperwork in compliance with policies and procedures. Additionally, this position will compile and analyze data and information from various sources including Advance database and assist all aspects of planning, analysis and implementation strategies to secure financial support to the team; requires high degree of independence, initiative, professionalism, confidentiality, sound judgment and discretion, and strong analytical and technical skills. Uses a developed knowledge of current fundraising activity to maximize the effectiveness and success of all donor stewardship efforts and perform all duties with excellent standards of accountability, follow-through, and a profound commitment to customer service. Handles confidential, high profile, and time sensitive matters involving senior UC Santa Barbara administrators, faculty, staff, collaborating institutions and the donor community.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and e-mail and demonstrated ability to quickly learn various software programs.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of work.
- Ability to prioritize duties and achieve planned goals for a complex program.
- Ability to work under tight and shifting deadlines.
- Excellent grammar, composition and proofreading skills.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
Pay Rate/Range: $26.67 – $27.32/hr.
To view full job description and apply online, please visit Apply online at https://jobs.ucsb.edu Job #48438, or the following link.
Leave a Response