Development Assistant, Engineering & the Sciences
UC Santa Barbara
Summary of Job Details
The Development Assistant serves as the primary initial contact for five Directors of Development (hereafter referred to as “the Directors”) in the Engineering and the Sciences Development Office (hereafter referred to as “the Office”) and provides essential administrative and financial support that is critical to the successful operation of a complex fundraising program. Assists the Directors with all aspects of analysis, planning and implementation strategies for the College of Engineering and the Division of Science, to support the research mission by securing support from private donors. This responsibility requires strong analytical skills as well as the ability to act professionally, independently, and exercise discretion and sound judgment. Also provides administrative support, which includes handling confidential, high profile, and time sensitive matters involving senior UC Santa Barbara administrators, faculty, staff, collaborating institutions and the donor community.
- Ability to effectively solve problems and demonstrate sound reasoning and judgment.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and e-mail and demonstrated ability to quickly learn various software programs.
- Excellent grammar, composition and proofreading skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience Required / Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent customer service skills are required, as is the ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion.
- Strong organizational skills and unfailing attention to detail and accuracy
Hiring/Budgeted Salary: $26.67 – $27.32/hr.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Application review begins 4/3/23. To review full job description and apply online, please visit: https://jobs.ucsb.edu Job # 50650
Leave a Response