POSITION: Community Outreach Presenter – Bilingual English/Spanish is a MUST
(Santa Maria based)
SALARY: $17.00 per hour plus generous stipend (includes bilingual pay rate), paid vacation/sick time.
HOURS: 30 hours per week
APPLICATION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
Please return application with your current resume and a cover letter that tells us why you believe you will be a good fit with the agency and position. Incomplete packets will not be considered.
Applications can be found on our website: www.sbcountyrapecrisis.org
RETURN APPLICATION PACKET TO: NCRCCPC
Attn: Finance/HR Director
P.O. Box 148
Lompoc, CA 93438-0148
1. Responsible for coordination and development of community education program.
2. Provide community presentations on sexual assault and child abuse issues, including rape prevention, mandated reporter trainings, self-defense, personal safety, bystander intervention, and human trafficking.
3. Provide secondary school programs regarding sexual harassment, self-defense, bystander intervention, and sexual assault/child abuse prevention.
4. Assist with volunteer training.
5. Assist with 24-hour Hotline coverage.
1. Excellent bilingual literacy; fluency in Spanish/English required.
2. College degree or related experience preferred.
3. Completion of volunteer advocate training upon hire.
4. Ability to work well with children and adults.
5. Demonstrated skills in oral and written communication.
6. Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues regarding sexual assault and child abuse.
7. Sensitivity and ability to deal with persons of different cultural backgrounds and perspectives.
8. Flexibility regarding work hours; availability to respond to crisis calls on a 24-hour basis.
9. Valid driver’s license, insurance and working vehicle and telephone required.
The North County Rape Crisis and Child Protection Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), or disability (medical and physical, including HIV and AIDS), and denial of family medical care leave and pregnancy leave. This policy applies to staff, volunteers, and clients.