Would you like to make a difference in a teens life? CommUnify, Santa Barbara County’s largest nonprofit organization, is currently seeking a Case Manager in Santa Maria. This is a newly created position in the Familias Seguras/ Secure Families program funded by CalVIP.
The Case Manager will work directly with youth and their families to provide intensive case management addressing the cycle of violence and trauma experienced by families in Santa Maria. Services will include the development of natural supports, monitoring of client progress, crisis intervention, and referrals to necessary resources. Case management experience, and knowledge of local community resources are preferred. Enthusiastic passion for youth, Families, and the Santa Maria community is required.
Our Case Managers will be responsible for performing duties required to provide and support planned, structured and therapeutic care for eligible Teens, youth and families. Will perform direct service duties required to assist families in crisis by providing behavioral interventions by phone or in the client’s home.
Come join CommUnify’s team! Our agency provides employees with a positive work environment with the ability to balance work & home. We provide excellent benefits that include: medical, dental, vision/sick, vacation & holiday pay/Retirement Plan with a 5% match.
This position is full-time with full benefits and starts out between $20.90 – $23.00 per hour working in the Santa Maria area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for case management of clients to achieve the goals, objectives, and work plan according to established program standards, assessments, and policies and procedures.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings on a weekly basis.
- Provide independent living skill development and support services to a caseload of youth and their families in accordance with individualized treatment goals.
- Perform timely administrative duties: including documentation of services, preparation of reports and other required statistical information, etc.
- Attends staff and one-on-one case review meetings with the program manager.
- Meets with clients a minimum of once per week.
- Attends community stakeholder meetings as assigned by the Manager or Director.
- Works in collaboration with community agencies, law enforcement, schools, religious organizations, and government agencies in linking clients to community resources.
- Adheres to confidentiality and HIPPA regulations.
- Collaborates with formal and informal community partners in the best interest of the client and families.
- Provides crisis intervention support for youth and families.
- May represent the program and conduct presentations to community groups and professionals.
- May assist in program development activities as directed.
Education and/or Experience
Level I: Associate’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Human Services, Human Development or other behavior sciences field and three (3) years of experience in a social services setting such as working directly with children, families and young adults, or in a case management, mental health or family services agency.
Level II: Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Human Services, Human Development or other behavior sciences field and two (2) years of experience in a social services setting such as working directly with children, families and young adults, or in a case management, mental health or family services agency. Up to two years equivalent education may be substituted for related experience on a year-for-year basis.
Computer Skills To perform this position successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software and develop an understanding of specialized database applications.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Current valid California Driver’s License with ability to qualify for coverage under Agency insurance plan.
Other Skills and Abilities Bilingual (English/Spanish) and knowledge of counseling and communicating with young adults and families preferred.
Other Qualifications Travel required routinely with region must have reliable transportation with insurance. May travel outside County about 10% of the time. Knowledge of HIPAA compliance requirements.
Please note: CommUnify has a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy with ability to request a vaccination accommodation due to medical or religious reasons.
Leave a Response