SBF is seeking a Business Development Manager to join our Philanthropic Services team! The Manager will report to the Director of Development. This is a full-time, exempt position that will allow for working in the office and for telecommuting.
Pay is high $60K’s annually, plus, depending on skills and experience demonstrated during the interview process.
All applicants are required to submit a resume, application and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. Please visit https://www.sbfoundation.org/jobs/business-development-manager/.
The Business Development Manager plans and implements activities designed to identify, cultivate, and engage Corporations, Foundations, and Professional Advisors to inspire contributions and donor referrals in support of SBF’s mission to mobilize collective wisdom and philanthropic capital to create empathic, inclusive, and resilient communities in Santa Barbara County. The Business Development Manager works closely across the Philanthropic Services (PS) Team and serves as a liaison between the PS Team and the Community Engagement Team.
- With the Director of Development, Director of Donor Relations, and Vice President of Philanthropic Services, create a business development plan and strategies to engage Corporations, Foundations, and Professional Advisors (Estate Attorneys, Financial Advisors, CPAs, and Family Office Advisors) with the goal of raising philanthropic resources to and through the Santa Barbara Foundation.
- Conduct prospect research to identify mission-aligned Corporations and Foundations, and Professional Advisors with local clientele.
- Develop, track, and maintain constituent records in database and spreadsheets for prospect strategies and moves management activities.
- Develop presentation decks and other written materials for virtual and in-person prospect meetings.
- Project management including comparison research on charitable fund vehicles, coordination of strategy meetings, and proposal drafts to corporation, foundations, and donor prospects.
- Create written content for webpages and printed collateral materials for professional advisors, corporations, foundations, and planned giving audiences.
- Assist in the development of a separately managed investment account program for the financial advisor community to encourage new donor referrals for charitable funds.
- Create and oversee Professional Advisor cultivation and stewardship activities to increase donor and legacy referrals, including the distribution of newsletters, educational events for advisors and their clients, and social engagements.
- Participate in professional development activities for knowledge and skill building.
- Keep Outlook calendar populated as per SBF standard.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office software.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Project Management, Development, Communications or Sales/Marketing.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate special events.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with colleagues, donors, advisors, grantors, volunteers, vendors and with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
- Ability to learn quickly, take notes and retain/synthesize information.
- Ability to respond to complex, non-routine problems, and guide others with creative solutions.
- Excellent ability to manage time and handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Uses knowledge of development field to determine the best solutions.
- Ability to function independently, with some general supervision, and to meet goals and objectives that are set with the assistance of the Director.
- Timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Ability to attend events in varying areas of Santa Barbara County, occasionally in the evenings or on weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree or demonstrated commensurate professional experience.
- General office environment, open office space area, or office with door.
- Dog-friendly office (well-trained pets, only). See our Pet Policy for more information.
- Telecommuting – ability to work at home and provide own router, modem, and reliable internet connection.
- Significant telephone and computer work (repetitive movement – typing).
- Occasional travel to satellite office in Santa Maria and/or to events off-site.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending and occasional lifting of light loads (10lbs.)
At SBF, we value wellness and offer a very generous benefits package, including: up to 15 days of PTO in the first year of employment, up to 13 holidays, sick time, 401K with 4% matching in the first year and an additional 6% of profit sharing after one-year anniversary, fully paid medical and ancillary benefits, massages and more!