BOX OFFICE ASSOCIATE
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Become part of a team for the historic Granada Theatre, one of Santa Barbara’s treasures. The Granada Theatre is currently seeking customer focused, reliable individuals for part-time and full-time Box Office Associate positions. The Box Office Associate supports the sale of tickets, assisting patrons with show information, and general clerical duties within the Box Office. This role is the face of the Granada to the public and requires the top tier of customer service skills. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Sell tickets at the box office window, or via the telephone and online, assisting patrons with ticket replacement, exchanges, refunds or other general patron issues that may arise.
- Contact patrons via telephone or email in the event of a change in show time or cancellation.
- General office tasks including: printing ticket orders; verifying order accuracy; customer database record maintenance; and proofreading of marketing materials.
- Must be able to maintain superb customer service skills while working under pressure and within deadlines.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Fulfill scheduled shifts as designated, with the goal of working 20(PT) or 40(FT) hours per week
- Basic word processing and computer skills are needed (Windows environment); Prior experience in Tessitura ticketing system is highly desirable
- Six months to one year customer service or retail sales experience. Prior experience in a performing arts organization preferred
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Proficient bilingual (Spanish) is highly preferred
- Keen attention to detail and a willingness to ask questions.
- Demonstrated, impeccable customer service philosophy.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings or weekends and occasional holidays as required
- An attitude of respect and professionalism to integrate into and contribute to the team
WHAT WILL REALLY INTEREST US ABOUT YOU
– Exceptional computer skills
– Stellar customer service attitude and experience
WHAT WILL REALLY INTEREST YOU ABOUT US
- For Full-Time employees only, benefits include health, dental and vision, and a 403b Retirement Plan with an employer match after one year of service.
- An atmosphere of learning and opportunities to increase skills and knowledge and develop a career. Downtown Santa Barbara office in the beautiful Granada tower. A wonderful team dedicated to supporting the arts.
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts (SBCPA) is dedicated to providing best-in-class production, sales and administrative support to arts organizations from throughout the Santa Barbara region, including its Historic Theatre District partners as well as its eight resident companies. The SBCPA’s most visible service is operation of The Granada Theatre.
Go to www.granadasb.org/About/Careers and follow instructions to complete the employment application. Submit application with resume, cover letter and references. No phone calls please.
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts/The Granada Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all areas of its operation.