Bookkeeper Job Description
Ventura Land Trust is a local, private, non-profit land trust working to protect the land, water, wildlife, and scenic beauty of the Ventura region for current and future generations. The organization strives to create a fun, inspiring and team-oriented work environment with flexible work hours.
The Bookkeeper reports to the Deputy Director and works in partnership with the Accounting Manager and Education Manager. Responsibilities include HR, bookkeeping, and administrative tasks, among other tasks as needed. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and work with a high level of discretion. The Bookkeeper ensures smooth running of VLT’s offices and contributes in furthering our mission.
- Record daily financial transactions, including purchases, receipts, sales and payments using QuickBooks; follow up with customers on past due invoices
- Work with Education Manager on participant registration process for education programs; manage roster, medical info and liability waivers for all participants
- Process biweekly payroll via ADP Workforce Now platform; send timesheet reminders to staff
- Keep records for employee training and certifications and ensure staff is up to date
- Prepare employee census information for insurance compliance reports
- Support Deputy Director in recruitment and onboarding processes
- Assist Deputy Director with employee benefits administration
- Assist Deputy Director with Land Trust Accreditation application, recordkeeping, and tracking
- Coordinate office equipment and technology needs with IT service provider
- Coordinate travel arrangements for staff trainings
- Arrange conference room and refreshments for board and staff meetings
- Manage general phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Track stocks of office supplies and merchandise and place orders when necessary
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary; run errands as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years experience with QuickBooks accounting software
- Human Resources experience a plus
- Ability to sit or stand at a desk for 8 hours
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on occasion; ability to lift up to 10 pounds overhead on occasion
- Ability to walk up one flight of stairs to VLT office
Hourly compensation range $22-$26, commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Budgeted hours are 40 hours per week. Bookkeeper qualifies as a full-time hourly/non-exempt employee and is eligible for full-time holiday, vacation, and sick time.
For more information, please visit: www.venturalandtrust.org/bookkeeper_job_opening
To be considered for this position, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Bookkeeper” in the subject line. Application deadline is July 29, 2022.