CALM is seeking bilingual therapists. CALM therapists provide therapy services on-site or in the field as needed for children up to age 21 and their families. Therapists support clients and their families in meeting their mental health goals. Therapy is focused on healing mental health issues such as post-traumatic stress disorder, problems in the parent-child relationship, or other social-emotional challenges with the ultimate goal of restoring children and families to a healthy level of functioning.
- Create a treatment plan with measurable and observable goals in collaboration with supervisor, client and caregivers.
- Complete clinical assessment with clients to assess their strengths and needs from a clinical perspective.
- Provide developmentally appropriate therapeutic interventions for children and families. Therapy services are often provided during after-school and evening hours when most convenient for clients.
- Coordinate with other agencies when appropriate to implement treatment plan.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with parents, families, and clients.
- Document all client, family and case management that meet Medi-Cal documentation standards.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
MFT Intern, ASW, or licensed therapist, from an accredited university or college, or Psychological Assistant required. Knowledge of HIPAA regulations. Experience working with complex issues surrounding children and families preferred. Experience working with Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Model preferred. Previous experience working in the nonprofit sector and training in Medi-Cal documentation standards highly desirable.
- Bilingual required.
- Strong verbal/written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in busy environment, under pressure, without compromising accuracy, attention to detail or courtesy to staff and others.
- Able to prioritize competing responsibilities, with effective time management skills.
- Able to demonstrate mature judgment, initiative and critical thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills, willing team member and supportive colleague.
- Flexibility, organization and can-do attitude.
- Must have respect for confidentiality; ability to work with discretion and integrity.
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Able to get along well with others and work collaboratively in a positive manner.
- Must have valid CA drivers’ license, clean DMV, and criminal record clearance from DOJ.
Our benefits package includes a competitive salary dependent on experience and education. Benefits include 100% Employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance for employees plus partial benefits for dependent family members, 12 paid holidays, vacation time and sick days and a 403(b) 3% matching program.
TO APPLY: Qualified, interested candidates are asked to send us a cover letter and resume to HR@calm4kids.org.