CALM’s School-Based Therapist provides therapy and mental health consultation services for children in preschool through 6th grade. The School-Based Therapist supports the client and his/her family in meeting their mental health goals. Therapy is focused on healing mental health issues such as post-traumatic stress disorder, problems in the parent-child relationship, or other social-emotional challenges with the ultimate goal of restoring children and families to a healthy level of functioning, including positive academic outcomes. The position also supports teachers in the classroom by assisting with observations, providing coaching to help teachers handle challenging behavior, and offering reflective practice to help teachers reflect on their responses, beliefs, and overall work with children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Therapeutic/Mental Health Consultation Responsibilities
- Creates a treatment plan with measurable and observable goals in collaboration with supervisor, client, teachers and school administrators.
- Participates in completion of clinical assessment with clients to assess their strengths and needs.
- Provides developmentally appropriate therapeutic interventions for children and families in individual, group or family settings
- Coordinates with other therapists, consultants, and partners to implement treatment plan, when appropriate.
- Works with teachers, aides, school site staff, and other professionals in the classroom.
- Coaches teachers on targeted behavior interventions.
- Supports teachers and staff in restorative approaches.
- Assists teachers in parent conferences and other meetings.
- Participates in individual and group clinical supervision on a weekly basis. Seeks guidance from Clinical Supervisor to handle complex client issues.
- Provides crisis intervention and stabilization services as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Social Worker, or Professional Clinical Counselor, or Licensed Psychologist from an accredited university or college required.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations.
- Experience working with complex issues facing children and families and knowledge of Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Model preferred.
- Experience working in either a private or public school site environment preferred.
- A minimum of 1 – 2 years related work experience in a behavioral health agency, early childhood or K – 8 client experience helpful.
- Must have a passion for CALM’s mission and the ability to convey that passion to others.
- Bilingual (Spanish) required.
- Strong computer knowledge, using PC, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Public speaking skills and ability to network within the school community.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Benefits package includes a competitive salary dependent on experience and education. Benefits include 100% Employer-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance for employees plus partial benefits for dependent family members, 12 paid holidays, vacation time and sick days and a 403(b) 3% matching program.
TO APPLY: Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send us a letter of interest and resume to HR@calm4kids.org
Leave a Response